ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stats of EU members in Ireland with non EEA spouse.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:49 am

EU-Country of worker: France

Non-EEA country of spouse: India

Date of application for residence card for spouse: October 2006

Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved/denied, supply date): denied

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:52 am

*EU-Country of worker:Spain
* Non-EEA country of spouse:Argentina
* Date of application for residence card for spouse: May 14th, 2007
* Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): Pending (got my original documents back after 25 days together with the request for evidence of residency in an EU state)

nohinsara

Post by nohinsara » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:29 pm

I don't entirely fit into the category, but I thought my information might help in some way:

* EU-Country of worker: Dual UK/Canada
* Non-EEA country of spouse: Canada
* Date of application for residence card for spouse: Haven't applied yet
* Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): N/A. Thinking of just trying to apply for a work permit from this side of the pond instead of bothering with this EU1 nonsense!

Not in Ireland yet, but told by the Irish Consulate that it's as simple as going over, having spouse report to the Garda, and begin work/search for work.

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:58 pm

That's so funny, the Garda isn't involved untill after you get your residence card.
My wife has gone to the Garda multiple times, and always send away, saying that you should first talk to the immigration service of DoJ.

It's funny that they still aren't informed, the embassy in Canada, of the law change since April 2006.
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:38 am

Embassy in Argentina has the exact same information as its Canadian counterpart...
Florencia

kevarms
Newly Registered

Post by kevarms » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:50 am

As does the Tokyo embassy :roll:

mendo

Post by mendo » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:57 am

* EU-Country of worker: Romania
* Non-EEA country of spouse: Ukraine
* Date of application for residence card for spouse: Haven't applied yet
* Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): N/A

I was thinking recently to apply for the EU1, if the court case outcome was favorable to us, but now I don't think that I will go this route.

In February 2007 we were told to apply for EU1, but didn't bother because I was afraid that they will lose our original documents (passports, work permits, etc.).

I've applied twice for LTR, for my wife, based on her work permits, instead.

Her first LTR was refused due to 11 days missing out of 1825.
________
CHEAP VAPORIZERS
Last edited by mendo on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CloggieVodka
Newly Registered

Post by CloggieVodka » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:11 pm

* EU-Country of worker: The Netherlands
* Non-EEA country of spouse: Russia
* Date of application for residence card for spouse: December 11
* Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved, supply date of approval): PENDING...

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:04 pm

Oak
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egg
Newly Registered

Post by egg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:55 pm

• EU-Country of worker: UK
• Non-EEA country of spouse: JAPAN
• Date of application for residence card for spouse: DEC 2006
• Approved, Denied, or Pending (if approved/denied, supply date): APPROVED after waited 7months

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:15 pm

WoW! That's good news to hear! We applied in Oct2006 and we were denied.Did you both live in the UK as a couple before moving here?

limey

Post by limey » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:54 pm

Egg - Congratulations!

Did your wife apply for the Family permit in Japan?
Also, what documentation did they ask you both to provide?
Did u ever live together in another EU country before applying?

kevarms
Newly Registered

Post by kevarms » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Egg- we are a British/Japanese couple too.

Did you come here together from the UK or Japan? Did you have any dealings with the Irish embassy in Tokyo?

stmani

Post by stmani » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:11 pm

lets celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after more than 100 emails, 9 letters, 2 faxes and 9 months......i received an email from DoJ, saying they're processing my application at the moment!!! i can imagine they'll definitely take another 9 months to make a decision on it which will be DENIED!!!

stmani

Post by stmani » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:11 pm

Egg............do u know someone in DoJ personally?????

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:25 pm

egg

I dont know about anyone else but i have my own doubts here.

Looks like someone wants to provoke !
Just posted the stats and didnt mentioned anything else normally people share their stories and etc thats what this place is all about i guess. fairenough ! sounds dodgy to me.

I could be wrong !
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:09 pm

I had contacted SOLVIT a while ago, generally about my EU1 problems, but specifically about how the DoJ could at least give me some proof of Irish residency so that I could apply for a UK EEA family permit from Dublin.

The SOLVIT person took copies of our passports and marriage certificate, and said he would talk to the DoJ on our behalf, but no promises. Anyway, he was very nice, and kept me up to date about what was happening.

I got this reply today:
I've just had a reply back from the Department of Justice about your case. The Department says that it intends to issue you with a Stamp 4 permission to remain in the State. This permission will enable you to work in Ireland and will be granted for two years. A letter to confirm this will be posted out to you within the next few weeks. The reason behind this is that the Department expect the recent High Court case to be appealed to the Supreme Court and this appeal will take about two years before a judgement will issue. Once the Supreme Court has made its judgement the Department of Justice may have to reconsider applications to for residency, such as yours. While the Stamp 4 permission will allow you to reside and work in Ireland, it does not fall under the category of residence card as laid out in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38 and may not be accepted by other EU Member States as proof of residency in Ireland.
I don't know what "a few weeks" means, since we all know the DoJ's idea of "less than six months" means "10+ months". I also don't know whether they are doing this for all EU1 applicants or what.

Just a heads-up for everyone. Maybe check with SOLVIT yourself, or try the Immigrant Council or the DoJ phoneline (Ha! I know, I'm hilarious!) to ask what the latest situation is.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Thanks for that Platinum.

If that's really the case, then it has to mean that this will be the case for all pending applications. As I am moving soon I sent them a letter last week demanding e response to my appeal from 3 months ago. Lets see what they come up with. Will post it here if I receive it before I am leaving.

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi Platinum! What countries are you from, how long have you been married, where did you get married, and when did you apply? Do you think they are doing this for all people? I mean, I would settle for a Stamp 4 for two years!!! I just want to know if the DOJ is doing this across the board or if you have unique circumstances.

Do Supreme Court cases normally take two years??? I mean I am not in law, so I am going on instinct alone here, and I figured it would take a few months...but two years seems a little crazy!!! Are they just going to try to back-peddle this decision as long as they can or what?
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

egg
Newly Registered

Post by egg » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:54 am

Hi everyone,

I didn't live in any other EU country before, also I sent only required documents and health insurance document (I was told it must at GNIB).

The only difference could be a lawyer, I hired a lawyer before submitting EU1, and he wrote a cover letter, then he submit instead of me.

That's only I can think of.

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:31 am

Hi. Okay, details:
We're an American/UK couple, and we met while working in Ireland. We quit work (and therefore my work permit is not applicable anymore), went on holiday, and got married in New Zealand in Dec '06 and moved back to Ireland because he (UK citizen) has a job here. We've never lived together in any other EU country.

As far as I know, we don't have any special circumstances at all. I e-mailed SOLVIT back to thank them for their help and ask if they were doing this for all EU1 applications, so if they reply, I'll let you know.

As for Supreme Court cases taking two years- this sounds about right to me, and is why we haven't seriously considered suing yet. When I asked the Immigrant Council about lawyers, they said that the next EU1 cases coming up in October were all filed in Sept-Nov of 2006. So it looks like it takes roughly a year to get a case to the High Court. They take the summers off. So a Supreme Court case taking two years doesn't surprise me.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:27 am

thanks for keeping us posted,platinum.That's more encouraging news.

stmani

Post by stmani » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:01 am

im started thinking of hiring a solicitor for myself!!!!!!!

egg
Newly Registered

Post by egg » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:17 am

it will be a good idea, I hired one before submission, so I'm not sure if you have submitted already? just hire a solicitor and let him send a letter to justice? anyway, it will be much better than yourself write a letter ao make phone call, I think. there are some solicitors they are good at dealing visas.
good luck.