ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) documents

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SGSN
Newly Registered

SET (O) documents

Post by SGSN » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:31 pm

Dear all,
I am applying for ILR under SET(0) application next month (1-dependent), I was granted Tier 2 General in March 2009, later in August 2011 I changed Employer. My partner is in UK since 2011 on dependent’s VISA
I am submitting below documents as evidence
a) P60 forms from 2009 to 2013 (4)
b) Latest payslips (3 months)
c) Letter from employer mentioning that I am required in the job
d) Life in Uk test (Both of us)
e) English language (IELTS) pass certificate (Both of us)
f) Council tax
g) Photos as per guidance (both of us)
Have I got everything I need for SET (0) or Is there any other thing which I need to include? Please advice…
Thanks in advance

SGSN
Newly Registered

Re: SET (O) documents

Post by SGSN » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:07 pm

Dear members,

please assist/advise on my above query

Thanks

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:37 am

In addition to above documents You also need to produce the 3 document for each year which shows you and your partner have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage or Civil Partnership which has subsisted for 2 Years or More.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
these documents called Cohabitation documents .

Senior Members please correct if i am Wrong.

SGSN
Newly Registered

Post by SGSN » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:53 pm

thank you Mailk44,
Sorry I forgot to add Marriage Certificate in the document list... I shall also include previous year council tax bill as well to prove that we both are living in same address, are these sufficient or Do I need to provide any other documents to support my application.

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:38 am

Hello SGSN,

Can you please share the content of employers letter please! I am on Tier 2 with 1 dependant.. And need to apply for ILR asap..

Thank you

SGSN
Newly Registered

Post by SGSN » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:42 am

Hi,
Format of my letter is as below,

[i]Paragraph1 about my employment details with my company(2-3 lines)

(Please be advised that SGSN is an employee of ABC company, SGSN joined ABC (Company)on DD/MM/YY and has worked in UK since then.)

[i][i]Paragraph 2 about my company (2-3 lines)
ABC is a service company, which provides service to bla bla bla. Mr SGSN is higly valued employee working as ..... the nearest SOC applicable to his role is 1234. we expect his employment to continue for the foreseeable future....
I can confirm his salary is ....
I can confirm that SGSN is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job, on the date of application for Settlement, as stated in UKBA (Link)

Should you require further information please contact me

Signed

Hope this helps!!!

BTW is there any other document which is missing from my above list?

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:46 am

Hi SGSN,

As per my knowledge the list is ok except i did't see latest 90 days of bank statement.

Could you please share the company letter format which you already mentioned in your reply, but i need to know what is the addressee mentioned in the format, (ex; if you are going to cryodon what will be the addressee in the company letter format).

I need more suggestions from others as well.

Thanks
Velpula

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:35 am

Thanks SGSN

Velpula, I think it could be "To whomsoever it may concern"

SGSN
Newly Registered

Post by SGSN » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:17 pm

I agree with Neesheel, it could be "To whomsoever it may concern".

I have tried to get a letter from my previous employer but they are not accessible, have tried calling them(no answer), sent email(email didn't deliver), I Know they still exist. I am now worried that I am not able to get the letter from them,I have an appointment on Friday is there any other alternative to their letter? please advice

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:05 am

Hi SGSN,

I m not sure whether my previous employer will be giving me a letter for holidays taken while working for them.. So if they won't give me a letter, then as per UKBA, i am planning to mention this to the case worker and in my cover letter. Then the case worker will take the employers detail and it will be verified tht they are not willing or they do not have records whtsoever may be the reason...

I think.. they might be able to verify whether paid or unpaid holidays via payslips ... I am going to tke all my payslips so i becomes straightfrwd.. :)

Pls do share your expirence.. I have an appointment week+ after...

SGSN
Newly Registered

Post by SGSN » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:56 am

I have rescheduled my appointment to Monday, I didnt feel like taking risk. I will try and visit my previous company and get the required letter. Hopefully they give me the letter. Sure, I will share my experience.

if any other Tier2 SET (O) applicants had similar experience, I am keen to know.
@ Senior Members & Gurus
Can you please advice?
additional info, I am away for 200 days throughout 5 year qualifying period.

chefi
Newly Registered

Post by chefi » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:00 pm

HI SGSN,

Could you please tell me if you nedd date in the Employment Letter as I cant see any date in your Employement Letter format.

Thanks,
Shanu