ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looks like I have to sit for English test again?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

digitanium

Looks like I have to sit for English test again?

Post by digitanium » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am

Hi

I'm on Tier 2 and due for my ILR come this June.

I have previously passed the Elementary English Test conducted by Language Solutions International when I first applied for Tier 2.
http://www.langsols.com/test-eet.php

On my extension, I got 10 points using the points based calculator for English Language requirement selecting "I have already proven my English language skills in a previous application".

Now upon close scrutiny, it looks like the previous Elementary English Test i sat just conforms to Level A1, short of B1 that is now required for ILR.

Does that mean I need to sit for a new exam of B1 standard?
Can you let me know if I've got the whole thing right please?

Thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Looks like I have to sit for English test again?

Post by yasa » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:01 am

digitanium wrote:Hi

I'm on Tier 2 and due for my ILR come this June.

I have previously passed the Elementary English Test conducted by Language Solutions International when I first applied for Tier 2.
http://www.langsols.com/test-eet.php

On my extension, I got 10 points using the points based calculator for English Language requirement selecting "I have already proven my English language skills in a previous application".

Now upon close scrutiny, it looks like the previous Elementary English Test i sat just conforms to Level A1, short of B1 that is now required for ILR.

Does that mean I need to sit for a new exam of B1 standard?
Can you let me know if I've got the whole thing right please?

Thanks
Yes
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================