ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Tom no engine » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Thank you @winners for your opinion.. I too have a joint residential order shared between myself and my mother who has ILR..I'm concerned if this is going to have a negative impact on my claim..furthermore my immigration history is poor...the student visa I got 3 days after I arrived back in 2002 expired mid 2004 and I never got to renew it..

winners

Post by winners » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Tom no engine wrote:Thank you @winners for your opinion.. I too have a joint residential order shared between myself and my mother who has ILR..I'm concerned if this is going to have a negative impact on my claim..furthermore my immigration history is poor...the student visa I got 3 days after I arrived back in 2002 expired mid 2004 and I never got to renew it..
Sorry i didn't get it. Sharing house with your mother or somebody else does it means you have joint responsibility with them,

I guess you are single parent
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Greetings folks! Hope I find you all in good health. Seems a bit slow on the decision making lately!! Wonder what they have up their sleeves!!
Anyway, to those unaware or who might need some free advice, Sky Channel 182, Ben TV is screening an immigration advice programme today at 1700hrs(5pm). We might be able to pick up a few tips!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:46 pm

nilemarques wrote:Greetings folks! Hope I find you all in good health. Seems a bit slow on the decision making lately!! Wonder what they have up their sleeves!!
Anyway, to those unaware or who might need some free advice, Sky Channel 182, Ben TV is screening an immigration advice programme today at 1700hrs(5pm). We might be able to pick up a few tips!
Hello thanks for the information now watching

Pls check inbox
Your expectation will manifest very soon

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 pm

@nilemarques
Thank you for I was able to watch the programme on the Ben TV and I got a very good advice.

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:33 pm

@winners I have a court order/residential order which names me and my mother as the people who lives with the child..I'm not sure if that gives my mother parental responsibility aswell..

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:30 am

Hello People,
Please could people with experience in this area kindly advise on the following questions:

-My kids were born in Pakistan but have been here in the UK just over seven years-do they qualify under the seven year rule. We have lived with them all these years under student Visa.

-What documents are required by HO to make application based on 7 year rule? I mean what documents do have to include for the kids and ourselves? Do we have to submit application at the same time or do we have to do it separately starting with kids'?

-And finally, what are fees requirement? Do we have to show maintenance money for three months or nine months?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
ditima

rina
Member of Standing

Post by rina » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:13 am

WOw last week was really quiet but I pray this week delivers some good news. @ Daponslee I hope the wait is over for you this week. :D

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:11 am

rina wrote:WOw last week was really quiet but I pray this week delivers some good news. @ Daponslee I hope the wait is over for you this week. :D
Morning Rina,

It's really been quiet indeed. Like they say no news is good news and I believe all it takes is just one good news to open more flood gates of good news. Amen to your prayers. I feel very weary already. Since December 2012.. Only God, I mean only God.

Hope you good otherwise? We will rejoice pretty soon. amen!!!

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:21 am

Hi People, please I need some explanation. I made an application as parent of a British child but I live together with the mother of the baby and all our posts go to the same address.

Do I need to explain to UKBA why we live together in writing or should I just ignore it?
Is it not normal that people can live together even if they are not in a relationship especially when a baby is involved?

I have done my biometrics and UKBA asked for extra documents which I provided.

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 pm

njyildum1 wrote:Hi People, please I need some explanation. I made an application as parent of a British child but I live together with the mother of the baby and all our posts go to the same address.

Do I need to explain to UKBA why we live together in writing or should I just ignore it?
Is it not normal that people can live together even if they are not in a relationship especially when a baby is involved?

It is highly unlikely that ukba would believe you are living together but not together, the burden of proof is on u and u shld have explained y, our situation is similar we cldnt apply as partner coz I am studying with no income. So our lawyer included everything, partner not meeting all the rules, parent of British child, private life. Asking them to consider my partners whole situation and the welfare of his kids. The ukba asked us for more info a month ago, we sent that and are now waiting. Not sure what they wld do. I am starting to warm to the idea of moving to my partners country with our kids. Totally fed up of Waiting! How long since u sent further docs?

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:48 pm

MissA wrote:
njyildum1 wrote:Hi People, please I need some explanation. I made an application as parent of a British child but I live together with the mother of the baby and all our posts go to the same address.

It is highly unlikely that ukba would believe you are living together but not together, the burden of proof is on u and u shld have explained y, our situation is similar we cldnt apply as partner coz I am studying with no income. So our lawyer included everything, partner not meeting all the rules, parent of British child, private life. Asking them to consider my partners whole situation and the welfare of his kids. The ukba asked us for more info a month ago, we sent that and are now waiting. Not sure what they wld do. I am starting to warm to the idea of moving to my partners country with our kids. Totally fed up of Waiting! How long since u sent further docs?
Initially, I sent in photocopies of passports belonging to the mother of my baby and my son. However they asked for the original passports, a letter from my GP, a letter from the mother of my baby saying we are not in a relationship. The letter asking for extra documents was sent directly by the case worker and it was dated 4/02/2014. All extra documents was received by the UKBA 10/02/2014. However my application was submitted 14/01/2014 so to be fair my application hasn't been in for too long.

Don't you think the letter from the mother of my baby saying we are not in a relationship will be enough evidence?

What checks does UKBA do? In fact, there is a good chance we don't live together but all our post go to the same address as we used to live together and I still live in that address. I mean there is a good chance of that happening to anyone.

Anyway, how long has your application been with UKBA? When did you submit it? And what extra documents did they ask for? What did the letter say when they asked for extra documents?

My letter said I should send in the extra documents before 18/02/2014 and he/she i.e. the case worker intends to deal with my application promptly.

Sorry too many questions for you. Should I write UKBA and explain why we live together because I am assuming they will make checks on the address I gave them?

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Aside the checks that might be done nothing on the documents I provided suggest that we live together.

sarath2004
Newly Registered

Post by sarath2004 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:38 pm

hi my flr(o) application that rejected on January 15th 2014 and i m planning to apply same application can u tell me i become over stay or not and if i apply for a flr(m)what i want to do, i m eligible for applying flr(m)

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:50 pm

sarath2004 wrote:hi my flr(o) application that rejected on January 15th 2014 and i m planning to apply same application can u tell me i become over stay or not and if i apply for a flr(m)what i want to do, i m eligible for applying flr(m)
Why was your application refused in the first place? What reason did UKBA give you?

Sks1703
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??i also got

Post by Sks1703 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:20 am

satsug wrote:Hai..my name sathya..new to this forum..but i been watching this longer..iam also waiting for my dlr extension..
My case is totally different..i was on student visa..i brought my wife on 2009..i got uk born twin daughters and they now studying nursery. Last time in 2012 i applied student extension ukba wrongly refused and my appeal was allowed under article8 i was given grant on discretionary basis for only complete my studies..
My leave was expired on jan2014.. I applied extension now nd waiting for decision.. Coz before i complete my studies ukba revoke d licence nd college was closed..so again ukba did wrong in my life i ask extension on this basis..to study again and my twin children never left dis country..i hav one ongoing development issues with on of my baby hope it will cure soon i have added this as well in my application..
I applied on 08/01/2014
Bio done on 23/01/2014
And today i received one letter from ukba that,
they explained my case was issues relate with ECHR,so its complex and we will decide as quickly as possible...
My question is any body got this kind of letter from home office????
And how possiblity for my application success??

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:19 am

Sks1703 wrote:
satsug wrote:Hai..my name sathya..new to this forum..but i been watching this longer..iam also waiting for my dlr extension..
My case is totally different..i was on student visa..i brought my wife on 2009..i got uk born twin daughters and they now studying nursery. Last time in 2012 i applied student extension ukba wrongly refused and my appeal was allowed under article8 i was given grant on discretionary basis for only complete my studies..
My leave was expired on jan2014.. I applied extension now nd waiting for decision.. Coz before i complete my studies ukba revoke d licence nd college was closed..so again ukba did wrong in my life i ask extension on this basis..to study again and my twin children never left dis country..i hav one ongoing development issues with on of my baby hope it will cure soon i have added this as well in my application..
I applied on 08/01/2014
Bio done on 23/01/2014
they explained my case was issues relate with ECHR,so its complex and we will decide as quickly as possible...
hi did you pay for your application and what type of application did you submit

iHope

Post by iHope » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Ditima98 wrote:Hello People,
Please could people with experience in this area kindly advise on the following questions:

-My kids were born in Pakistan but have been here in the UK just over seven years-do they qualify under the seven year rule. We have lived with them all these years under student Visa.

-What documents are required by HO to make application based on 7 year rule? I mean what documents do have to include for the kids and ourselves? Do we have to submit application at the same time or do we have to do it separately starting with kids'?

-And finally, what are fees requirement? Do we have to show maintenance money for three months or nine months?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Hi! How long have you been here on student visa and have you been legal all that time? I mean as a main applicant. Because if your children are living here for more than seven years, you must have come here earlier than your wife and children. Till what date your current student visa is valid and is your college on the list or not. If you answer my questions accurately, than I can give you best advice from personal experience. Thank you.

winners

Post by winners » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:38 pm

Al Haqq wrote:Hi all,
Well my solicitor called me yesterday am, to inform me that we have been refused after agreeing to withdraw the JR. I am yet to receive any information from the HO. This new refusal generates a right of appeal apparently.

In a nutshell, if you think you have a strong case you may want to insist with your lawyer that irrespective of what the HO promises you want to go ahead with the JR.

Just to mirror what east579new said TAKE NOTE when accepting to withdraw the JR.

I am glad I belong to this forum, so it was not a suprise for me when I heard the message fro the Sol.

Next step is the tribunal
'@ Al Haqq

please how long does it take you to hear from HO after you agreed to withdraw your JR application?
And many days or months you have given to lodge your appeal?
As they have asked me to withdraw my JR application for consider ,reconsideration as well

Many thanks

winners

Post by winners » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 pm

ikeron wrote:@elastep
Thank you. I was asked to withdraw my JR for reconsideration or removal notice. And I have also asked the HO for the cost first. Or is there any other thing I should ask please? God bless you all.
@ ikeron

Please how far have you gone with TSOL ? Have you agreed to withdraw your JR application

Please kindly update me as am in similar situation.

Many thanks

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:05 am

Hi everyone

My family member appeal allowed 3rd December 2013, we received letter 17th December , today we received email of refund of fee, please can any share with me experience , how long will take to actual endorse the visa. I am really stress situation my own application is pending with home office 17 months for ILR on basis of 10 years rule,
your reply and views will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Amjad leeds

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:57 am

Tom no engine wrote:
Sks1703 wrote:
I applied on 08/01/2014
Bio done on 23/01/2014
I got the same letter when my biometric letter came but less than a week after that I received a letter asking for extra documents which I provided. The letter also indicated that the UKBA aims to deal with my application promptly.

Application submitted: 14/01/2014
Biometrics: 27/01/2014
Bio submitted: 29/01/2014
Letter asking for extra documents: 04/02/2014
Extra documents received by UKBA: 10/02/2014
Decision: Waiting! Waiting!! Waiting!!! Waiting!!!!

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 am

Tom no engine wrote:
Sks1703 wrote:
I applied on 08/01/2014
Bio done on 23/01/2014

Hi all,

Yes i have paid my fees..actually i did first application flr o without fee but they returned as invalid. Second time i applied and paid fees. Its flr(o) i selected (others) as a reason.

But anyhow my application was refused and i did my appeal..now waiting for hearing date..but i believe
homeoffice did mistake this time too.. Because they consider new rule to refuse my application. According to discretionary policy when i apply extension they should consider old rule.becoz my initial discretionary decision was given before july 2012.
So iam waiting;))

josue
Newly Registered

Post by josue » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:03 pm

flr(o) extention
applied 0/02/2014
aknoledge letter received 07/02/2014
biometric letter received 10/02/2014
biometric done 13/02/2014
lettre received for more information 19/02/2014
more information document sent 23/02/2014
grant of discretionary leave 25/02/2014
brp card received 25/02/2014

Really happy man

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 pm

josue wrote:flr(o) extention
applied 0/02/2014
aknoledge letter received 07/02/2014
biometric letter received 10/02/2014
biometric done 13/02/2014
lettre received for more information 19/02/2014
more information document sent 23/02/2014
grant of discretionary leave 25/02/2014
brp card received 25/02/2014

Really happy man

Hi, @josue

Congrats for your success:)
Can you Please tell when was your initial
discretionary leave given??
And now for your extension, whether homeoffice consider new rule(july2012) or old policy????
If you can please post these details, Thanks:))