ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for mother granted in 8 working days @ Chennai

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Fri May 31, 2013 7:18 am

This might be useful for someone. I am expecting a baby in August and wanted to invite my mother for the birth. I am currently on Tier 1, will be applying for ILR next year. My husband (Tier 1 partner) and I were the sole sponsor for the mother's visit.

I want to highlight the fact that my mother is not working neither have any properties.

I wrote in cover letter about the pregnancy and mentioned that I am taking Maternity leave to reassure that its not a childcare arrangement. Also I explained that my mother although not working, and looks after my retired dad and my elderly grandmother.

On top of showing savings in UK bank account, I sent standard documents listed on UKBA website.

I am very glad that the visa officer understood our situation and granted the visa for my mother. Now looking forward to her arrival and the arrival of our baby. :D :D

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 am

Congratulations....This is pretty fast reply that I have seen in recent days.

Was that a Family Visit Visa you applied for?

More surprising thing is they issued when you did not keep any supporting from your parents side. Hope they considered that your father is not traveling and they are definite that she will return because she need take care of your father..

Can you confirm what documents you sent, if you dont mind please

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 am

Its the general visit visa that we applied for, as you need to be a UKcitizen or ILR for family visit visa.

I guess the fact I explained about my father and grandmother did the trick and looks like the visa officer was also sympathetic towards pregnancy...

The docs i submitted are
Invitation/cover letter signed by myself and husband
Photocopies of passport and BRP (both of us)
Employer letter and 6 month payslips (both myself and husband)
6 months Bank statements
Tenancy agreement + Council tax letter addressed to both of us
Maternity MATB1 form (photocopy)

From my mother
Application form
Passport
6 months Bank statement
Travel insurance from ICICI
Photocopy of Affidavit (originally got this when applying for passport two months ago) to prove she is married to father (as they dont have a marriage certificate)

I think the take home message is, if you are honest and explain your situation clearly in the cover letter, they will provide the visa without any issue. I have seen many saying in forums that you shouldn't mention about pregnancy etc, but in my case that's the main reason for my mum's visit. I clearly mentioned that I am taking maternity leave and asked my HR manager to mention the same in their letter.

mrproblem wrote:Congratulations....This is pretty fast reply that I have seen in recent days.

More surprising thing is they issued when you did not keep any supporting from your parents side. Hope they considered that your father is not traveling and they are definite that she will return because she need take care of your father..

:) :) :) :) :) :)

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Fri May 31, 2013 9:17 am

vignezh wrote:Its the general visit visa that we applied for, as you need to be a UKcitizen or ILR for family visit visa.

I guess the fact I explained about my father and grandmother did the trick and looks like the visa officer was also sympathetic towards pregnancy...

The docs i submitted are
6 months Bank statements

From my mother
Application form
Passport
6 months Bank statement
Photocopy of Affidavit (originally got this when applying for passport two months ago) to prove she is married to father (as they dont have a marriage certificate)

I think the take home message is, if you are honest and explain your situation clearly in the cover letter, they will provide the visa without any issue. I have seen many saying in forums that you shouldn't mention about pregnancy etc, but in my case that's the main reason for my mum's visit. I clearly mentioned that I am taking maternity leave and asked my HR manager to mention the same in their letter.

mrproblem wrote:Congratulations....This is pretty fast reply that I have seen in recent days.

To be honest that is true that if you mention about pregnancy it is not that easy...we experienced that before when we invited inlaws. This time we are trying for my parents, but it is a casual visit. Yeah, I am British citizen, so we will apply family visit.
2 questions, did you send Original tenancy agreement? is it must to have travel insurance?

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Fri May 31, 2013 9:26 am

I think if both parents are visiting at the same time, your application will be scrutinized more compared to one of them travelling alone regardless of the purpose of visit.

We only sent a photocopy of the tenancy agreement, but sent original council tax bill. Travel insurance is not listed in UKBA but it is generally good to have. I think it adds value to your application especially if you use reputed insurer that the visitor wont be a financial burden to NHS for any medical treatment (even though you are not entitled to free treatment as a visitor expect emergency)

A friend of us had to spend a lot of money when his father had a medical emergency while visiting the UK, so decided to get it to be on the safer side.

[/quote]
To be honest that is true that if you mention about pregnancy it is not that easy...we experienced that before when we invited inlaws. This time we are trying for my parents, but it is a casual visit. Yeah, I am British citizen, so we will apply family visit.
2 questions, did you send Original tenancy agreement? is it must to have travel insurance?[/quote]

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 am

vignezh wrote:I think if both parents are visiting at the same time, your application will be scrutinized more compared to one of them travelling alone regardless of the purpose of visit.

We only sent a photocopy of the tenancy agreement, but sent original council tax bill. Travel insurance is not listed in UKBA but it is generally good to have. I think it adds value to your application especially if you use reputed insurer that the visitor wont be a financial burden to NHS for any medical treatment (even though you are not entitled to free treatment as a visitor expect emergency)

A friend of us had to spend a lot of money when his father had a medical emergency while visiting the UK, so decided to get it to be on the safer side.

Yeaah thats always better to have. I only thought to purchase that once we get visa, keeping previous experience in mind

mat909in
Newly Registered

Post by mat909in » Fri May 31, 2013 8:42 pm

All the best :)

Mat

daggerhead
Newly Registered

congrats

Post by daggerhead » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:20 pm

vignezh wrote:Its the general visit visa that we applied for, as you need to be a UKcitizen or ILR for family visit visa.

The docs i submitted are
6 months Bank statements

From my mother
Application form
Passport
6 months Bank statement

Congrats on quick approval .

Can you tell me whether travel insurance is really important ?

My mother-inlaw is planning to come over here thought of applying for one. What is the cost range/coverage of insurance ?

funny1981
Newly Registered

Re: Visit visa for mother granted in 8 working days @ Chenna

Post by funny1981 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi Vignesh,

Would it be possible for you to share covering letter here used in case of your mother please ?

Thanks

mat909in
Newly Registered

Re: Visit visa for mother granted in 8 working days @ Chenna

Post by mat909in » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi All,

If I am sponsoring both mum and dad do i have to submit 2 sets of original documents?

alis92005

Post by alis92005 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:03 pm

My cousin apply visitor visa on 24 Feb 14 and waiting for decision. I send her sponsor and Home Office lady call me for confirmation about her details.
Anyone else receive call from Home Office as a sponsor? Please share if anyone had same experience that will be much helpful for me and her. What that mean they will issue her visa or what??????