Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Moderator
Posts: 14338
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am
Location: UK/Ireland
Ireland

Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:51 pm

I read an article on this Teresa May's Hostile policy on Migrant business, especially the treatment of EEA national and migrant, and don't get me started on the Windrush generation scandal, which left me cold. The level of abhorrence, the feeling of revulsion i hold toward this heartless government is difficult to properly articulate into words. A situation where we have people who to all intent and purpose have a right of Abode in the UK, were begged to come to UK, and whose only crime was being black. To see some of these people being refused life saving treatment, makes me ashamed to associate myself with anything Tories, or even British for that matter.

I read this article and I do not want to sound Hyperbolic, but i will not be surprised if history judge Mrs May as a genocidal dearly beloved like hitler.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... k-homepage

I see Mrs May with the Caribbean leaders and i felt there was no sign of contrition in her.

What i more worrying is that EEA national may well face the same fate. One needs to fight to ensure that the system of nazism does not prevail. Hitler started with the poor and vulnerable disabled people, then the jew, then the gas chamber, and then attacking other nation. Today it is the Windrush people, who next will be in line, when that ridiculous targets cannot be met.

I believe we will have to open a new forum to assist those Windrush people with the 1971 act and the changes that came along in 1988, which requires continuous residence.
After thinking long and hard, I have come to the conclusion that brexit is a cancer. The only good brexit is a dead brexit.

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 28371
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Who's next may be the UK-born children to an ILR parent who subsequently naturalises. When an ILR BRP holder naturalises, they are threaten with fines if they do not return their ILR BRP to be destroyed. This leaves their UK-born children without the proof of their automatic British citizenship!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Moderator
Posts: 14338
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am
Location: UK/Ireland
Ireland

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Indeed , and it is a very sad state of affair.

It is similar to these Polish and A8 cases, where kids were accepted as British Citizens and then refused, now that the Court of Appeal has ruled that from 2009 WRS cease to be lawful, we are fighting passport office to issue passport to them as the refusal to renew was unlawful.

I was reduced to tears, seeing a woman on TV with English accent talk about how he Nursing Career was brought to an end by Teresa May and her comrades. The other man talked about how he spend days in detention and made to feel like a criminal.

Interestingly, we don't hear these type of stories from those New Zealander, Aussies or Canadian who came in as commonwealth citizen.

It all seems so dodgy. Could it have been pre-planed as a form of Ethnic cleansing. First Teresa May decided to shred all their landing card, for reasons which remains unclear, and 8 years later start putting the people in detention, revoking their licences and refusing them Cancer treatments and closing their bank account. I had to story of a woman who died shortly after the harassment she endured from UKVI.

These makes very distressing reading.

Why on Earth were those landing cards burnt, and shredded.

This fiasco does not pass the smell test.
After thinking long and hard, I have come to the conclusion that brexit is a cancer. The only good brexit is a dead brexit.

Richard W
- thin ice -
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 am
Location: Stevenage

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Richard W » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:06 am

Obie wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:08 pm
Interestingly, we don't hear these type of stories from those New Zealander, Aussies or Canadian who came in
A lot of them were patrials, and so could prove their status using accessible state records.

However, we do hear of similar problems for people of British origin who had spent a couple of generations in India.

rooibos
Member of Standing
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by rooibos » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:37 am

Obie, wasn't it you a couple of days ago to say there's nothing to worry about and the EU is fighting for us? (paraphrasing, of course)

And, by the way, despite being a foreigner I have an English accent, too (Brummie, actually). Will I get a British passport honoris causa?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Posts: 10511
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:46 pm
Ireland

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm

I've worked in enough UK Gov sectors (to PV/DV level) and despite what you may have read, people cannot give the authority to burn stuff or burn stuff themselves, you may not like the UK or the UK Gov., but they do generally adopt a clear trail of checks and balances.

This is why even over the Skripal/Novichok thing at the moment, I think UK gov. is correct, they know things we don't, but due to OSA can't broadcast it.

I'm no fan of TM, or the Tories, but it's never always black or white and even TMs gov. is doing some good stuff.

They're not evil, they are obeying diktat for sure, but ultimately its fair to say, the UK is a very attractive place to live, too many people claiming asylum on the flimsiest of reasons, Surinder Singh route being used to import rafts of family members, tree huggers bleating rights etc, bu the UK is too full, the infrastructure can't take it especially as more people are arriving here and not contributing anything and never have.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Moderator
Posts: 14338
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am
Location: UK/Ireland
Ireland

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Obie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm
the UK is too full, the infrastructure can't take it especially as more people are arriving here and not contributing anything and never have.
I guess you are referring to the windrush victims.
So in your view, because the UK is full, some of those people must be asked to leave.

Well I am not surprised with the views you have espoused.

It is only you that believes the landing cards are safe. Everyone believed they were destroyed.

The day the government decide to put those cards through the incinerator, they also made a decision to incinerate the future of those people as well. But then again I do not think that means much to you.

I read on the papers how Mrs Rudd said she wil give the UKVI tooth to bite migrant. I guess the windrush victims would have been at the forefront of her thought as she writes that memo.

The evidence speaks for themselves. I need not argue much with you.

Then again this is the Tories of Enoch Powell, nothing should surprise anyone I guess.
After thinking long and hard, I have come to the conclusion that brexit is a cancer. The only good brexit is a dead brexit.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Posts: 10511
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:46 pm
Ireland

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:15 pm
Wanderer wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm
the UK is too full, the infrastructure can't take it especially as more people are arriving here and not contributing anything and never have.
I guess you are referring to the windrush victims.
So in your view, because the UK is full, some of those people must be asked to leave.

Well I am not surprised with the views you have espoused.

It is only you that believes the landing cards are safe. Everyone believed they were destroyed.

The day the government decide to put those cards through the incinerator, they also made a decision to incinerate the future of those people as well. But then again I do not think that means much to you.

I read on the papers how Mrs Rudd said she wil give the UKVI tooth to bite migrant. I guess the windrush victims would have been at the forefront of her thought as she writes that memo.

The evidence speaks for themselves. I need not argue much with you.

Then again this is the Tories of Enoch Powell, nothing should surprise anyone I guess.
I wasn't referring specifically to Windrush victims, just stating a fact, and no, I believe they have a right to stay and I have no issues at all with that.

I was hoping to stem the the tide of but directed at the current government, whist I am am list totally anti-TM, anti-Tory, I refused to believe that records can just be discarded on a whim, and certainly not with a paper trial and/or good reason, and that that Tory government is NASDAP 2.0 as you seem to be suggested in your various diatribes.

I agree there is no point in arguing, you have nailed your anti-Britain flag to the tree and everyone sees it, not just me so you position on this is not balanced.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rooibos
Member of Standing
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by rooibos » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 am

Wanderer wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:59 pm
, the UK is a very attractive place to live, too many people claiming asylum on the flimsiest of reasons, Surinder Singh route being used to import rafts of family members, tree huggers bleating rights etc, bu the UK is too full, the infrastructure can't take it especially as more people are arriving here and not contributing anything and never have.
Wanderer, you're totally right! The UK govt has been too liberal in handing over citizenships to people who didn't deserve it; hence it's totally fair to start deporting some who have been here all their life to make room for the new!

It didn't go well with the Windrush generation. Shall we start over with the Irish next? After all it was perfectly acceptable 30 odd years ago to put a "No dogs. No Blacks. No Irish." sign at pubs and B&Bs. Ah, the good old times!

Richard W
- thin ice -
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 am
Location: Stevenage

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Richard W » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:04 pm

rooibos wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 am
Shall we start over with the Irish next? After all it was perfectly acceptable 30 odd years ago to put a "No dogs. No Blacks. No Irish." sign at pubs and B&Bs.
We very well may.

Once we leave the EU, the only suitable status document for the Irish who have not demonstrably achived EEA PR (or its easier replacement) will be an NTL BRP. The guidance is confused, but it seems that those settled in the UK with neither right of abode nor EEA PR are eligible for an NTL BRP. I hope that those who can neither prove that they have nor that they do not have PR would not be denied such a card.

If the Irish retain the ability to acquire a qualifying CTA exemption (the core regulation no longer makes any special mention of the Irish), common sense would however say that an Irish passport should be accepted for statutory excuses, as any Irish citizen who can afford a day trip to the Republic can speedily acquire a qualifying CTA exemption.

However, those who think they are British because of a settled Irish parent may well come to find that parent's settled status challenged when time comes to renew their passport. They will have to fall back on either the parent having EEA PR, or demonstrating that the parent last entered the UK from the Republic. This requirement is likely to come as a nasty shock, and proof may not be to hand.

Obie
Moderator
Posts: 14338
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am
Location: UK/Ireland
Ireland

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Obie » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Thank God Amber Rudd is gone. At least someone has had to pay for the treatment of migrant and British citizen from the Windrush generation.

Thumbs up to the Guardian newspaper, they have done a splendid and commendable job that is worthy of recognition . Good to see them fighting for decency and human .

They are the antidote to the poison atmosphere for immigrants in UK.
I
The light to the darkness of the rightwing press and the Brexiteers in the UK.

I think she will be rightly remembered as the Home Secretary who sought to remove British citizens from the UK because they look different from her.
After thinking long and hard, I have come to the conclusion that brexit is a cancer. The only good brexit is a dead brexit.

rooibos
Member of Standing
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by rooibos » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:19 am

Don't hold your breath Obie. Rudd was made to pay because she's a "remoaner" not because she is a liar and incompetent. No member of government ever in the history of humanity has been sacked only because they were liars and incompetent.

Whoever will follow at the HO will make sure that deportations will happen in a quieter manner that won't disturb the press.

Obie
Moderator
Posts: 14338
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am
Location: UK/Ireland
Ireland

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:35 am

I do not think she resigned because she lied to the press. She lied to parliament select committee and that is a resignation matter.

It will make no sense for the Guardian to target Rudd due to pro remain stance.

Rudd is pro remain in UK interest not in the interest of EU or eu migrant.

She implemented policy of removing rough sleepers which was found unlawful by court, removing EU national who had committed no crime. She proposed company who employ eu migrant will be put on register and named and shame.

Yes she is remainer but does not serve remainer interest.
After thinking long and hard, I have come to the conclusion that brexit is a cancer. The only good brexit is a dead brexit.

mkhan2525
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by mkhan2525 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Isn't it right to say that Rudd was used as a pawn to enact TM's inhumane immigration policies.

Now that we have a new Home Secretary, I don't see any major change with the treatment of immigrants when the master mind behind the policies continues to reside at no.10.

rooibos
Member of Standing
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:02 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by rooibos » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:45 pm

Look guys: these politicians got elected because they promised to drastically lower immigration. At the end of the day nobody loves immigrants, right? So they're just doing their job. As it is almost impossible to lower extra-EU migration, they have started with the EU ones and even their own citizens from the ex-colonies. It didn't work out with the Windrush generation and they were caught out. Give 'em a couple of months and they'll start again with whoever is the most vulnerable.

It is already working with EU nationals: those who can are already leaving the country. See? No deportations, just playing the pawn game. Nothing to see here.

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 28371
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by vinny » Tue May 01, 2018 12:48 am

rooibos wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:45 pm
At the end of the day nobody loves immigrants, right? So they're just doing their job.
The British Government invited the Windrush generation to settle.

The hostile environment promotes fear and hatred. It adversely affects everyone.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Moderator
Posts: 14338
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am
Location: UK/Ireland
Ireland

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by Obie » Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 pm

I agree, and it goes without saying that the Windrush people are British Citizen.

The only other part of the world where i see similar situation to the Windrush people is Burma, in relations to the Rohingya people.

But unlike the Rohingya people, the windrush people were invited to the UK, and by virtue of the British Nationality Act 1948 and the 1981 Act they are British Citizen.

The poison in this scandal is Theresa May. She is a woman who is allergic to immigrant. Removing Rudd or putting Javid is just a cynical ploy to show the world that all is fine and the system is color blind. Removing that woman is not the antidote to the poison. Amber Rudd is not the problem, she is just the fall guy, unless Mrs May is toppled, and the whole Tories lot are toppled for that matter, we will continue to see ethnic minorities British Citizen being targeted for deportation.

In all honesty, the whole Tories government are merely a refined version of Donald Trump, only difference is that they are more subtle, and in America there is more checks and balance, therefore the way the Tories have succeeded in injecting their poison, it has not been as swift for Donald Trump. I strongly believe that if Trump has his power he would similarly have targeted African American and Latino like the UK government is Targeting the Windrush people.

Already we are seeing some extraordinary things happening in the UK which we wil not see in any other advanced world, British citizens having their citizenship revoked, and i am not talking about those who were naturalised. We are talking about those Brits who were born in the UK, who enjoyed the same winter cold as their compatriot, spoke in the same way, have similar interest, enjoy the same fish and chips on Friday. No price for guessing that these people are not Caucasian.

The system is fundamentally problematic and needs a profound change.
After thinking long and hard, I have come to the conclusion that brexit is a cancer. The only good brexit is a dead brexit.

greatscott
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by greatscott » Tue May 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi Obie, you are coming across as a crazy dearly beloved 😉, which I know you're not. Just take a step back.
Windrush, absolutely, they got it wrong.
BUT
Illegals, YOU are wrong- they are not here legally. If most of the illegals are blackbrown, not white, thats hardly the governments fault. Whatever colour they are mate, they are still IN THE COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.

If they choose to perpetuate beloved 😙 and a sense of entitlement based on prejudice, to try and manufacture a passport out of it, then they are wrong to expect sympathy from ANY government, be it Japan, China, USA,... who ever.

FXR_1340
Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by FXR_1340 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Some really interesting points here.

I must confess I have not followed the Windrush saga very closely. However what I have gleaned is the people involved were invited to UK to augment the UK work force which, no doubt, was decimated by war.

If those who were invited to come were advised that they would gain rights or over time gained rights to stay in the UK legally then that is what should happen.

However, and I am no apologist for the Tories, I am rather perplexed with where the problem is in respect of having quantative targets to remove those who reside in UK illegally. Isnt that what should be in place?

I do accept that this becomes a problem when the targets and criteria for being identified as illegal are stretched. It is wholely unfair and unreasonable to reach targets by sweeping up easy targets and deporting them. I can see parallels with the press gangs of old.

Removing people who have or should have residential and/or citizen rights is clearly wrong. However having targets to deport illegals is no bad thing. Dont forget that its unlikely that illegals will be paying their way income tax, NI etc and this has a knock on effect on pay as this will reduce pay due to cheap(er) labour costs. In addition, is it not fundementally wrong to use the facilities without chipping in?

Personally I dont care whether someone is from Poland, Punjab or Pensylvania they and we must ALL contribute. That is not unreasonable.

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 28371
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Is May's 'Hostile Environment Reminiscent Of Nazi Germany

Post by vinny » Wed May 02, 2018 1:21 am

The former Home Secretary had to resign, not because there were targets, but because she had misled parliament.

However, are Immigration targets based on fact or fiction?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Post Reply
cron