ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IAM STUCK NEED HELP AND ADVICE!!!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tracmailindia
Newly Registered

IAM STUCK NEED HELP AND ADVICE!!!!!

Post by tracmailindia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:04 pm

I AM A BRITISH CITIZEN IN THE UK AND SETTLED. I AND MY WIFE VISIT INDIA EVERY YEAR TO SEE MY PARENTS AND TWO YOUNGER SISTERS. THIS TIME WE THOUGHT WE SHOULD CALL ONE OF SISTERS TO THE UK FOR 2 WEEKS FOR VISIT. SHE IS WORKING IN INDIA, BUT HER VISA FOR REFUSED BECAUSE THE VISA OFFICER WAS JUST NOT SATISFIED JUST FOR ONE REASON THAT IS HER BANK STATEMENTS, OBVIOUSLY I USED TO SEND HER SOME MONEY EVERY MONTH WHICH SHE USED TO SAVE IT AND PUT IT IN HER BANK ACCOUNT IN WHICH SHE USED TO RECIEVE HER WAGES ASWELL. THE ONLY ISSUED RAISED WAS THAT MY SISTER DENIED THAT SHE DONT HAVE ANY OTHER SOURCE OF INCOME OR ANY INCOME SUPPORT FROM FAMILY, THE VISA OFFICER WANTED A CLARIFICATION WHERE THE BIG DEPOSITS ARE COMING FROM AND WHILE HER SALARY IS JUST ABOUT 10,000 INDIAN RUPEES. WE HAVE GONE AHEAD WITH THE APPEAL, I JUST WANT TO KNOW HER CHANCES TO GETTING THE APPEAL ALLOWED.!!! tHANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND HELP!!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:13 pm

You need to cite the actual content of the refusal notice and the relevant paragraphs of the immigration rules that were cited in support of the decision. Otherwise I doubt anyone could even begin to suggest a solution.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 am

As Luca said above, we need the actual refusal statement.

Why did she deny that you financially help her? That could be construed as deception.
I tell it like it is.

tracmailindia
Newly Registered

Post by tracmailindia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:01 am

well, the officer did mention the refusal was basically under paragraphs 41 of the immigration rules, she did say no because neither she or me felt the money sent by me was actually a source of income. but anyway it has been refused, it was just a genuine visit, and all i know is genuine ones always get refused.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:46 am

Para 41 is the entire category. You need to say what sub-paragraph the refusal falls under and why.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:50 am

You giving her money may be classified as a gift, not income.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tracmailindia
Newly Registered

Post by tracmailindia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:59 am

well, basically no other issues were raised by the ECO apart from her bank statements and he was not convinced that the money in her account belonged to her, that was the only reason of visa getting refused.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:24 am

Did they give her the opportunity to clarify the source of funds before refusing? See also Family Visitor Visa refusal 2nd time? shock?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tracmailindia
Newly Registered

Post by tracmailindia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks vinny

No they did not give any opportunity to clarify the source of funds.
No other issues such as accomodation maintainence etc were raised, or any other issues with her employment related but just these cash deposits in her account to the eco looked like that funds are not genuinley available to her!!!

just hoping for the best , we have lodged an appeal through OISC registered lawyer, just bit worried its a straight forward 2 weeks application why do they want to make every application look complicated and keep on refusing genuine visitors by just overlooking the facts..
Many adviced me to go for an appeal as they all said its just a a single reason they refused on and that single reason they have just extended in such a way to fill that space in the refusal letter so it looks pretty reasonable lol!!