ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is NHS treatment free on Spouse visa?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Is NHS treatment free on Spouse visa?

Post by navalaviator » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:08 am

Hi, I just need to know that whether NHS treatment is free for somebody who is on spouse visa and married to British citizen?

I rang ukba 2 times and was told 2 different answers one of them was that its not free for somebody who is spouse visa and married to a uk citizen!!! and the second answer was its only free in emergency.

Could someone please clear up whether NHS treatment is free or not for a pakistan national on spouse visa married to British citizen.

any help will be really appreciated.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Is NHS treatment free on Spouse visa?

Post by ElenaW » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:55 am

Yes it's free.
I tell it like it is.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kuruvi

Re: Is NHS treatment free on Spouse visa?

Post by kuruvi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 am

navalaviator wrote:Hi, I just need to know that whether NHS treatment is free for somebody who is on spouse visa and married to British citizen?

I rang ukba 2 times and was told 2 different answers one of them was that its not free for somebody who is spouse visa and married to a uk citizen!!! and the second answer was its only free in emergency.

Could someone please clear up whether NHS treatment is free or not for a pakistan national on spouse visa married to British citizen.

any help will be really appreciated.

http://www.avert.org/freenhs.htm

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:51 am

Hi,
my question isnt about NHS its about higher education, i thought i'll ask it here instead of starting a new topic as this topic is slightly similar.

anyone who is coming to Uk as a spouse, are they automatically recognised as home student if they want to study and if not how long does it take to have that status?

Thank you in advance.
visa-grante:25.10.12

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:29 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 am

Thank you..
as you know that a spouse visa is first issued for only 27 months, according to the link you gave me a person should be settled in th UK for 3 yrs prioir to applying for a course.

does this mean i could study as a home student once ive completed 3 yrs of residency after i have got ILR, or is it 3 yrs from the day i recieve my 27 month spouse visa??

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 pm

syma wrote:
Thank you..
as you know that a spouse visa is first issued for only 27 months, according to the link you gave me a person should be settled in th UK for 3 yrs prioir to applying for a course.

does this mean i could study as a home student once ive completed 3 yrs of residency after i have got ILR, or is it 3 yrs from the day i recieve my 27 month spouse visa??
3 years residency would be just that 3 years from the date of arriving in the UK
pennyless

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:03 am

pennylessinindia wrote:
syma wrote:
Thank you..

3 years residency would be just that 3 years from the date of arriving in the UK
o ok..thanku:)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 pm

navalaviator wrote:Hi,

I have enquired with the UKBA 2 Times about NHS treatment for a spouse of a British Citizen and have been told that its NOT free and I will have to pay for the Medical treatment even though I am registered with my GP,furthermore I have been suffering with number of conditions for about 12 months and couldn't see the doctor because of costly NHS treatment!

Can anybody explicitly explain with evidence whether NHS treatment is free for spouse of Brit or NOT?

Thankyou
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Navalaviator,

1. Why are you enquiring about access to healthcare services at an agency that is responsible only for immigration? UKBA helpline is known to offer inaccurate advice regarding immigration matters, how can one expect accurate advice from them on an issue that is not their area of knowledge?
2. Have you checked / discussed your eligibility to free NHS access with your GP or local PCT?
3. Have you received a NHS card after registering with a GP?
4. Have you consulted your GP regarding your medical conditions? Has he/she told you that you are not entitled to free NHS services?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Navalaviator,

1. Why are you enquiring about access to healthcare services at an agency that is responsible only for immigration? UKBA helpline is known to offer inaccurate advice regarding immigration matters, how can one expect accurate advice from them on an issue that is not their area of knowledge?
2. Have you checked / discussed your eligibility to free NHS access with your GP or local PCT?
3. Have you received a NHS card after registering with a GP?
4. Have you consulted your GP regarding your medical conditions? Has he/she told you that you are not entitled to free NHS services?
Thanks for your reply sushmehta,I have got NHS card and have already seen the GP and now I am fully aware that am entitled to free NHS treatment but was quite reluctant to go and see the GP because I thought NHS treatment was similar to recourse to public funds which is not a recourse to public funds.

Thankyou
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.