ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship urgent question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

racim

British citizenship urgent question

Post by racim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:26 am

My PR was issued by HO in May 2012 , i know im not due to apply for British citizenship till May 2013, my PR was granted based on divorce after 3 years marriage.
is that any how i can apply for British citizenship before May 2013 ! i really dont wanna wait for another 9 months
thank you

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:33 am

If you marry a British citizen you can apply immediately. Otherwise you will have to wait.

racim

Post by racim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:37 am

Lucapooka wrote:If you marry a British citizen you can apply immediately. Otherwise you will have to wait.
umm to be honest no i use 2 be married with EU national

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:42 am

I said if you marry, not if you were married. 1st conditional tenses are with regard to future actions. I was referring to future possibility rather than a past fact. So, if you want BC sooner than nine months you have to get married to a British citizen and then you can apply.

racim

Post by racim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 am

Lucapooka wrote:I said if you marry, not if you were married. 1st conditional tenses are with regard to future actions. I was referring to future possibility rather than a past fact.
oh i got it now, i dont fink da wuld happen before this 9 months finished
:)

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 am

racim, when did you get married to your ex? count 5 years from that date and if you have ENOUGH evidence to provide the UKBA with (you can ask them to cross reference their records) you could apply earlier as I am sure your PR application must have taken between 3-6 months to process so that is the area you can cut your waiting time from!

But if you don't want to provide tons of other documents, May 2013 would allow you to apply with only your PR.

racim

Post by racim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:57 pm

mcovet wrote:racim, when did you get married to your ex? count 5 years from that date and if you have ENOUGH evidence to provide the UKBA with (you can ask them to cross reference their records) you could apply earlier as I am sure your PR application must have taken between 3-6 months to process so that is the area you can cut your waiting time from!

But if you don't want to provide tons of other documents, May 2013 would allow you to apply with only your PR.
oh thx for this information

i got married to my ex december 2006 !! i still have the whole package i sent to get my PR
well my 5 years resident card was meant to be expired Aug 2012 i was advised by my solicitor to apply for my PR in Dec 2011 ... da means when i have completed my 5 years since my marriage .... after 6 months i got my PR May 2012.

racim

Post by racim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

mcovet wrote:racim, when did you get married to your ex? count 5 years from that date and if you have ENOUGH evidence to provide the UKBA with (you can ask them to cross reference their records) you could apply earlier as I am sure your PR application must have taken between 3-6 months to process so that is the area you can cut your waiting time from!

sicking more help from Mcovet i PM him, but i dont think hes getting my msgs :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:16 pm

racim wrote:

i got married to my ex december 2006 !! i still have the whole package i sent to get my PR
well my 5 years resident card was meant to be expired Aug 2012 i was advised by my solicitor to apply for my PR in Dec 2011 ... da means when i have completed my 5 years since my marriage .... after 6 months i got my PR May 2012.
In that case, you can apply for BC from December 2012. You will need to provide all the documents you used for the PR application. The fact the PR was confirmed by the HO (although it took 6 months) suggests that it should be OK to use it for the BC application but there is always a risk they would have a different view on a second examination and you could lose the application fee (if for example they would ask for additional documentation you would not be able to provide).

Your call. The risk for refusal is relatively low but is still there.

BTW - I failed to understand what is so urgent in your question.
Last edited by Jambo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racim

Post by racim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Jambo wrote:
racim wrote:

In that case, you can apply for BC from December 2012. You will need to provide all the documents you used for the PR application. The fact the PR was confirmed by the HO (although it took 6 months) suggests that it should be OK to use it for the BC application but there is always a risk they would have a different view on a second examination and you could lose the application fee (if for example they would ask for additional documentation you would not be able to provide).

Your call. The risk for refusal is relatively low but is still there.
thank you for the replay
so in Dec i can send the the whole package i received bk from HO to get my PR + i ll include the last couple months ( my wrk an bills ). i wuldnt need 2 send my recent ex payslips or bills coz i dont have any contact with her now !!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:30 pm

You only need to provide evidence for exercising treaty rights for continuous 5 years (until you achieve PR). This is not required for the 1 year after PR.

So your PR pack (assuming this covers 5 years) + your passport + life in the UK test should be all that is needed.

racim

Post by racim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Jambo wrote:You only need to provide evidence for exercising treaty rights for continuous 5 years (until you achieve PR). This is not required for the 1 year after PR.

So your PR pack (assuming this covers 5 years) + your passport + life in the UK test should be all that is needed.
oh alrite can i remove my ex document from the pack for the last 5 years an divorce certificate or it has to go back 2 them ones again !!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Everything you used for the EEA4 application needs to go back to them (although you can use NCS so you get to keep the originals).

If you don't want to send the documents again, wait until May 2013. Then you just need to provide your passport + life in the UK test.

racim

Post by racim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Jambo wrote:Everything you used for the EEA4 application needs to go back to them (although you can use NCS so you get to keep the originals).

If you don't want to send the documents again, wait until May 2013. Then you just need to provide your passport + life in the UK test.
nice 1 thx for useful info :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 am

racim wrote:Hey everyone my PR was issued 26/05/2012 do I have to wait till 26/05/2013 to apply for my citizenship !!
Thank you for any answers in advance :))
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:47 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:49 am