ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need information!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

michaelc091
Newly Registered

Need information!

Post by michaelc091 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi everyone. I have a friend who was going to be deported soon to pakistan from england. But what he did was applying for a UK provisional driving license ( which he received), and smuggling his wife to Ireland by car. Does someone have any idea if he is able to stay legally in Ireland with his wife and if he can apply for a residence visa? Why would he have needed the provisional driving license?

Thank you

michaelc091
Newly Registered

Post by michaelc091 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:29 pm

note: his wife is a british citizan

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 am

Hi, If he legally married to British Citizen and he was accompanying his spouse to Ireland then he was entering Ireland lawfully not smuggling or illegally.. His spouse (EU citizen ) can move to Ireland and you friend has right to be with his spouse. EU citizen has to exercise their EU treaty rights if they want to stay more then three months. When EU citizen will start any activity in state your friend can also apply for residence card for a family member of an EU citizen..
Is he still in UK or in Ireland

michaelc091
Newly Registered

Post by michaelc091 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

He was going to be deported from UK to Pakistan That is why he ran off to Ireland.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Need information!

Post by Ben » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 am

michaelc091 wrote:and smuggling his wife to Ireland by car.
People smuggling is a crime. I hope his wife finds a way to escape and return to her country.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 am

How do you mean smuggling the wife to Ireland. I assume the wife is over 18. Did she went to Ireland willingly or was she forced to. Things are more complicated in Asian family than the world trade crisis, therefore it is difficult to draw conclusion.
The wife is in a western state where help is readily available. If she does not want to stay, i am sure there are available help for her.

If however she wishes to stay with her husband in Ireland, which seems a natural thing, then i see nothing wrong with it, and both if them will be perfectly entitled to do so.

I wish them all the best.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:28 pm

His wife (the British citizen) needs to become employed or self employed in Ireland within three months of arrival. They can then both stay in Ireland legally.

If they have a child who is an EU citizen it is very difficult to deport him from either Ireland or Britain.
BL

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:49 pm

If the British wife is in Ireland and wishes to work and live there, she can. Her husband can also remain with her.