ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship query for baby.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sapnam
Newly Registered

Citizenship query for baby.

Post by Sapnam » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Greetings of the day everyone !

I have a 16 month toddler who was born in India and she got her ILR on 7th Feb 2012. At the time of her birth me and my husband were on ILR. I brought my baby in UK on 26th April 2012. My husband has got his naturalisation certificate on 13th February 2013. My query is when can i apply for my baby's citizenship? Kindly guide me in this issue.

Thanking in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

renu

Re: Citizenship query for baby.

Post by renu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:34 am

Sapnam wrote:Greetings of the day everyone !

I have a 16 month toddler who was born in India and she got her ILR on 7th Feb 2012. At the time of her birth me and my husband were on ILR. I brought my baby in UK on 26th April 2012. My husband has got his naturalisation certificate on 13th February 2013. My query is when can i apply for my baby's citizenship? Kindly guide me in this issue.

Thanking in advance
if you have settlement prior your baby birth, i think you can apply for british passport but double checked as the birth certificate is issued in India, so this might change the route...

cricinfo

Re: Citizenship query for baby.

Post by cricinfo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:50 am

renu wrote:
Sapnam wrote:Greetings of the day everyone !

Thanking in advance
if you have settlement prior your baby birth, i think you can apply for british passport but double checked as the birth certificate is issued in India, so this might change the route...
This rule apply when the baby is born in UK. If the baby is born outside UK when the parents have ILR then they need to apply for registration first

Sapnam
Newly Registered

Thanks a lot everyone..

Post by Sapnam » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks everyone for the help...just wondering whether registration and citizenship are two different procedures.

Sapnam
Newly Registered

Post by Sapnam » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:05 am

Oops sorry my doubt is cleared ...just went in detail again through the link vinny has sent which says for children the process is known as registration and not naturalisation. Cheers guys..