ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M application date

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jaberdene

FLR M application date

Post by jaberdene » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:20 pm

I posted my wife's application today by RM Special Delivery at 15:00. They printed a special receipt which is dated 05/04/13 on the envelope. ( I saw the date)

But the receipt they give me said " posted after last collection" . Apperantly collection team wont collect my parcel today. Probably its too late today. They may collect tomorrow and deliver my parcel monday morning. When collection team will collect it tomorrow and they may stamp on the envelope again dated 06 Apr 2013. I guess it would be round stamp date inside as usual.if I asked , Post office staff said all today's special delivery post will be delivered on monday morning due to weekend.

Im just worried what is my wife's application date? Is it 05/04/13 or 06/04/13.

UKBA website said application date is "the date the application was posted if a postal application;

Cheers.
Je

Graceofgod

Re: FLR M application date

Post by Graceofgod » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:45 pm

jaberden wrote: Hi , I also posted my wife's application today with the special next day delivery and got charged £3 extra for sat delivery.
As long as the date stamp is legible they can see the date of posting as 5/4 otherwise if it gets delivered on monday they may take 6th as the date of posting.
We can track to see if it has been delivered or not after 2pm tomorrow.

Cheers.
Je
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

decentkhuu
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M application date

Post by decentkhuu » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Graceofgod wrote:
jaberden wrote:
Hi , I also posted my wife's application today with the special next day delivery and got charged £3 extra for sat delivery.
As long as the date stamp is legible they can see the date of posting as 5/4 otherwise if it gets delivered on monday they may take 6th as the date of posting.
We can track to see if it has been delivered or not after 2pm tomorrow.

Cheers.
Je
They delivered On Monday anyway. Cos UKBA wont work On Sat.

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 pm

UKBA website said application date is "the date the application was posted if a postal application;
problem is POSTED DATE is the date we give our parcel to postoffice or the day the their collection team collected it and stamped on it.

I never ever thought this kind of stupidish thing is such a important for peoples life.

A someone said in another post , now my families life is under control of someone whom we never met, probably will never meet in future!!!

cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:18 am

34G wrote:For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:

(i) where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting,
If there is a dispute, then perhaps you could argue that it's the "date of posting" is relevant, not the date of collection. The date on which it is accepted by a post office should be applicable. The date and time of collection is an internal matter for the Post Office, which you have no control over.

But why did you leave it so late?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 am

vinny wrote:
34G wrote:For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:

(i) where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting,
If there is a dispute, then perhaps you could argue that it's the "date of posting" is relevant, not the date of collection. The date on which it is accepted by a post office should be applicable. The date and time of collection is an internal matter for the Post Office, which you have no control over.

But why did you leave it so late?
shouldnt sent late, but it happened due to waiting a document.