ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Easy Tiger

SET(M) Questions

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:34 am

Hi , my wife arrived in the UK from India in late December 2011 on UK spouse visa which expires in march 2014 and will be applying for ILR in febuary 2014.

Now I have a concern about the documents required for ILR application as she does t have many documents in her or our joint names. We both live at my parents house where all the bills are in their names even tho I do help out with bills. My wife was pregant in 2012 and had our baby in 2013 so she only has hospital letters for some parts of 2012 and appoint card. I did register her with my local GP and have a NHS card along with a letter confirming postal vote application in 2012.

She has never been employed in any job since arriving in the UK so doesn't have a natuonal insurance card or pay slips , P60. She has been looking after son since he was born in October 2012. I have only just in June made my single back account into a joint account so that something in our joint names.

Now I have read the set (m) application for and it say under documents required i need 4 in joint names and 2 each in our own names or 6 each indiviual names. It also say if u don't have documents u can write letter explaining why.

Can anyone give me any help with what needs to be done and also is it possible to apply for ILR and find out on the same day!

I'm sorry to go on & on quite abit but I'm not sure what to about my document problem!

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Documents for ILR ?

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:16 am

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , my wife arrived in the UK from India in late December 2011 on UK spouse visa which expires in march 2014 and will be applying for ILR in febuary 2014.

Now I have a concern about the documents required for ILR application as she does t have many documents in her or our joint names. We both live at my parents house where all the bills are in their names even tho I do help out with bills. My wife was pregant in 2012 and had our baby in 2013 so she only has hospital letters for some parts of 2012 and appoint card. I did register her with my local GP and have a NHS card along with a letter confirming postal vote application in 2012.

She has never been employed in any job since arriving in the UK so doesn't have a natuonal insurance card or pay slips , P60. She has been looking after son since he was born in October 2012. I have only just in June made my single back account into a joint account so that something in our joint names.

Now I have read the set (m) application for and it say under documents required i need 4 in joint names and 2 each in our own names or 6 each indiviual names. It also say if u don't have documents u can write letter explaining why.

Can anyone give me any help with what needs to be done and also is it possible to apply for ILR and find out on the same day!

I'm sorry to go on & on quite abit but I'm not sure what to about my document problem!

Thanks
For every 4 months, roughly, of the 2 year period, you should have a letter in joint names or one each for a total of at least 3 different source. If you're desperate anything will do. Apply for her NI card now and see what else you can find, hunt everywhere.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , my wife came to the UK on a UK spouse visa on 25 December 2011 which expires on 14 march 2014. Can someone tell me when is the date she can apply for indefinatie leave to remain as I've read that u should apply 28 days before u visa expires or is it after u have completed 2 years stay in the UK and then apply 28 days before.

Also as far as documents required for the ILR application , me and my wife are living with my parents so most documents if not all are in my mum and dads names. My wife has some hospital documents from 2012 , confirmation of postal vote from our local council and I've only made a joint back account from July 2013. I have read section 10 of the set(m) form which says if dont have a enough documents as u live with relatives , they can write a letter about this. Would this be enough to satisfy their reuirements even If if my wife submitted the aplication public inquiry office.

Thanks
Lucapooka wrote:If she entered the UK on Dec 25 she is eligible to apply for ILR from the end of November. She may apply 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of her arrival in the UK, but has until the expiry date of her current visa to make the application, so until March 14 2014.
Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , thank you for quick reply much appreciated as always. But as far as the second question goes registering documents required , any advice on that , as we live with my parents we don't have many documents in single or joint names or from different sources spread over two years.

Thanks
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 am

Hi , would it be possible for anyone to give advice on my ILR documents question in my previous post.

I would really appreciate it !

Thank You

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:44 am

List the documents you do have for the past 2 years.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:16 am

Hi thank you for your quick replay much appreciated.

Now considering that we both live with my parents and most documents are in their names like mortgage , gas , elec , telephone , council tax , water etc and my wife hasn't worked since she arrived in December 2011, the following list a rough list of what we have -

Joint name
• Joint Current Account Statements
July 13 - February 14

My documents
• Current Account Statements
• Monthly Saving Statements
• ISA Yearly Statements
• 6 Month Wage Slips
• P60 2011/2012/2013
• NHS Card
• GP Letter Confirming Registration

Wife
• Hounslow Council letter confirming
postal vote application
• NHS Card

• GP letter confirming registration

• Hospital Letters covering 2012
• Santander Letter Confirming
Overdraft & Pin. (June 2013)

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:28 am

I don't see a problem, just space the letters out every 4 months, one letter each or one joint from a total of at least 3 sources.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi , I only have the joint back account statements from July 2013 untill now as the only piece of document in our joint names because I only opend out joint Account in July 2013. I have no other document in joint names.

My wife's hospital letters only cover the beginning of 2012. I have a lot of gaps through out the two years which I don't have documents for. Will a letter from my parents be efficient enough for to explain the lack of documents covering the two year period as they live with us l.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:46 pm

How long is the gap exactly? The letters don't need to be joint. A letter from you parents confirming that the relationship is subsisting and that you have their full permission to live there in a room for yourselves would be helpful.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:11 am

Hi , my wife has just passed her ESOL skills for life entry 3 speaking & Listening, now she just in the process of preparing for the life in the uk test which she will be taking shortly.

My wife's two year stay will be completed in December 2013 and her spouse visa expires in march 2014 so we have two choice of when to apply for her ILR , in November or Febuary next year. We hope to apply for ILR in November but while she's taking life in the uk test , I'm sorting out the documents which from my previous post I'm having problems with.

Me and my wife along with my 1year son are living with my parents at their house . Now all documents relating to the house is my parents names like the mortgage , council tax , gas , electric , water , telephone , sky tv. I have listed the documents that i and my wife have in my previous post , but sure we have right amount and from more then one source.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:29 am

Me and my wife only have joint back account since July 2013 untill now so that is the only document in our joint names. She has hospital letters , appointment cards from March , May , July , August 2012. Nhs card and postal vote confirmation from 2012. Not much documents in early 2013 in her name.

She hasn't worked since she arrived in the uk so she doesn't have national insurance card , no wage slips p60 etc. now considering we live with out parents would a letter from them help .

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi , I would really appreciate a answer to my question from experience people on this forum. Can anyone tell me if case is straight forward enough to pep appointment for Croydon.

Thank You

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi Easy Tiger.

Ask for a letter from you landlord confirming that you both has been living together for the past 2 years.

Ask for a letter from your GP to confirm that your wife has been registered at this surgery from this date.

Any junk mail on her name would also be useful.

Just collected anything you can to prove that she has been with for the past 2 years. Also ask a good friend to write you a nice letter to confirm that you two are together etc...

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi , thanks mate for your quick reply much appreciated. I don't have a landlord , we Both living with my parents so I guess a letter on their behalf would be very helpful explain that we lived here together for the whole two years. I will ask my GP for letter stating how long we have been or my wife has been with Surgery as well as letter from local council.

We only have back account statements in our joint names since July 2013 even tho my wife arrived her 25th December 2011. She hasn't worked since her came to the uk , but I think she can apply for a national insurance card.

Thanks

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:56 am

Ask your parent who own the house to write a nice letter confirming that you lived with them and also include the property papers confirming that house/flat owned by the person who wrote the letter.

You shouldn't have a problem getting a letter from the GP. Just go on a DVLA website and request some random forms on your wifes name and take them with you too, anything with your wife name address and date on it would be useful mate. good luck. DVLA - https://www.gov.uk/dvlaforms

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:00 am

Just fill in the details and order. This is free. http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/onlineservic ... spx?ext=dg

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:hi , my wife will be submitting her ILR application in late November 2013 which is a month before she completes her two stay in the uk. she has achieved her B1 Level speaking and English qualification by doing the ESOL Skills for life Entry 3 and now will taking the life in the uk test soon.

i'm not sure what documents I need and how to compile a file with all of them in the right order. im worried that I wont have enough documents covering the years of our life together as we are living with my parents at their house. the house is in their name and all letters like council tax , gas , electricity , water , phone , tv lincense etc.

I know u need 4 letters in your joint names roughly every four months and 2 each in individual names or 6 documents each. my wife has never worked since her arrival in the uk in December 2011 and she been a house wife and looking after soon who was born in octber 2012. I do have hospital letters which some are typed or hand written covering including NHS appointment card , bank letter covering overdraft & pim covering some parts of 2012.

I have only just made my single bank account into a joint one in june 2013 so that's only the document we have in our names. could I include a letter from my parents explaining that we live with them all bills & letter concerning the house are in their names.

also Im thinking about booking PEO appointment at Croydon but his my case straight forward with these document problems. when u book online peo appointment do I need to include my soon as a dependent.

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Search out what you have for the last 2 years. Then put the month/year and what document(s) you have. See if there are any significant gaps.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:46 am

Hi , first of all thank you to everyone who has replied to question your help is valued as ever. I havn't had a chance to look through all my documents just yet as I've been busy working, but could would advise with my is my case straight forward enough for to book a peo appointment at croyon.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:49 am

That would depend on what documents you have (or have not).

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:13 am

Hi , can anyone tell me if u were to apply for FLR after completing a two year uk spouse visa so u can have extra time to meet the English reuirements , how long after can u apply for ILR !

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:40 am

When all the requirements are met.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

reserve_person
Newly Registered

Re: Documents for ILR ?

Post by reserve_person » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:22 pm

hi I was applying for my ilr soon and I had confusion over one question i.e how long have you lived in uk for. I came to uk on a 3 year student visa in 2007 but went back in 2008 then came back in 2011 on spouse visa.so shall I write 2 years or 3 years stay in uk and what reason shall I give for my absence. I could not complete my course and went back early even though my student visa was for 3 years.i would appreciate help on this matter please.

Easy Tiger

PEO APPOINTMENT

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 pm

hi , I have been looking at booking a settlement checking service or peo appointment for the 27th November for my wife as her two year stay in the is going to be completed in December 25th 2013.

my wife has passed her esol entry 3 course in October and just early on this month finally managed to pass the life in the uk test. now im just sorting out all the documents but as u know from my previous post

I have a issue with my wifes documents while she been in the uk. as we both live with parents and they own the house and all bills and letters relating to the house are in their names. for 2012 she has some hospitals letters , nhs card , letter from council with no postal date and a few documents for 2013 and also ive just change my single back account into a joint one from 2013. I will be writing a letter from my behalf and my parents explaining reason for the lack of documents.

is it worth me booking a peo appointment to get a same day answer but then again they could asked for more documents and give a answer at a later date. would it be better to go through the settlement checking service instead.

the only peo dates im getting is for Liverpool office on the 27th November. what do type on appointment page :

I am available from day month year
I am available until day month year
(do I type her 27/11/13 - 27/11/13

I am available the following days of the week
( would the day of the week be wednesday

im sorry to have gone on & on about all this but im trying to cover all my questions.

thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:46 am

Hi , I would really appreciate it if any of the gurus or moderators or anyone wit experience of this could read my last question and answer if possible !

Thanks as always