ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr for partner of settled person in uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel25
Sri Lanka

ilr for partner of settled person in uk

Post by angel25 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi everyone,
I currently on eea2 which was granted on 09/12 as unmarried partner of eea national.my partner has been here nearly five years and planning to apply for permanent residence in august 2014 when he complete five year period,.my question is once he's got his settled status can I apply for ilr under partner of settled person .by the that time I would have have completed two years as a unmarried partner of a settled person in uk.its just I don't want wait 4 more years to get permanent residence.please help thank you. :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:40 am

Unfortunately, no. Long residence may be the only exception.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

angel25
Sri Lanka

Post by angel25 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:42 am

thank you vinny always helpuful