ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of documents that may be required for EC.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Wed May 16, 2007 8:48 pm

Do you have anything more to add?

1 ) All supporting documents that you submitted for initial approval.
2 ) Previous 3 years tax return forms in original.
3 ) Salary slips of past 6 months.
4 ) Asset declaration from a CA.
5 ) Latest Bank statements, which can show good savings.
6 ) If you have a job offer letter from UK, attach that.
7 ) Accommodation confirmation [ Hotel / Friend / Relative ]
8 ) A photo copy of the passport (front page where your photo is printed).
9 ) Few 50mm * 50mm photographs with white background. Don't know the number.
10 ) Present Company Offer letter
11 ) Present Employer reference information.
12 ) For the HSMP Dependant EC for spouse: You need a marriage certificate.
13 ) For the HSMP Dependant EC for your child: You need a birth certificate of your child.
14 ) For some people they have even asked for 10th and 12th certificates.
15 ) A fee of 200 pounds per person and duly filled application form.
They may ask you for a medical check up.
Last edited by Reshma on Thu May 24, 2007 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Fri May 18, 2007 2:38 am

aprilhsmp wrote:Today I submitted EC form. My findings:

Today I submitted my applications (mine and my dependents) in Bangalore office. Some key points.

1. They accepted 50x50 size photos.
2. You can glue the photo. Also take photocopy of you VAF1 first page and 8th page.
3. Take photocopy of first and last pages of all passports that you are submitting(urs and dependents). They seal and return it back once you submit the forms.
4. Main applicant's passport all pages photocopy is required.
5. Integra form was a 1 page(shorter version of the form available on net) and second page was a listing of what all points claimed and proofs gives at HSMP time.
6. after filling integra form you need to get a photocopy done of that form as well.
7. Integra needed employer info for only past one year.

I submitted following documents in original.
For EC
1. all my hsmp documents.
2. hsmp approval letter
3. EC forms VAF1 for myself, spouse and child.
4. marriage certificate+photos
5. birth certificate of child.
6. accomodation proof hotel booking receipt
7. last 6 months bank statement
8. all the passports

For integra
1. first and 8th page of VAF1 form photocopy
2. integra form and its copy
3. salary slips 2 months photocopy
4. degree photocopy
5. photocopy of all pages of my passport

I paid fees in cash. There was a queue and it took me around 3 hrs to get everything done.

They do not allow laptop and other electronic items in the office except mobile which should be kept switched off.
3 years ITR were not required.
10th 12th certificates were not required.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sun May 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi Reshma,

Yes, even i think last 3 years ITR paper is not required and also 10th and 12th certificate is not required.

Ur document list + few things from aprilhsmp list, and i think its ready for applying for EC.

Few doubts which u people can help to understand :
Q)what is better and which will be less complex and will have less query ? Hotel Accomodation or Showing a friends home who is born and brought up in london.....I mean an uk resident.

Q) If friends home then do we have any standard format or what is the procedure ? and what kind of proof we have to show.

Q) Also can we request for post date stamping if they decide to stamp the visa?

thanks
mohan

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Tue May 22, 2007 11:52 am

Hi Mohan,

If you want your friend to send you Invitation letter , then along with that you would require the following copies-

6 months bank statement
6 months Salary slips
Rental Agreement or Council Tax Copy

In the letter he should mention that he is going to bear your expenses in the UK until you find suitable accomodation for yourself.

Umang

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi Umang,
Thanks for ur reply. But I think what u have mentioned as proof required from friend is applicable if I am asking my friend in london to become a sponsor and invite me........I think so, I can be wrong ......please correct me.

In my case, the scenerio is ......I am just trying to get this letter of accomodation only.......not asking them to take care of my expenses. Under this scenerio.........i am going to ask for the following documents:

1) Letter mentioning that " My friend has applied for Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and got the approval from Home Office, UK. He will be coming to the UK after completing his Entry Clearance (EC) formalities. We have been friends since last so many years and have been in touch on a regular basis. Please let me use this opportunity to bring to your notice that he will be staying with me until he finds his own accommodation".

2) Notarised Passport Copy of the friend

3) Last 2 or 3 months bank statement

4) Residence Proof like Utility bills.....phone or water bills

5) Driving License

Dear friends, Reshma and Umang.........can u suggest whether this is ok or do you still fell that its better to show online hotel booking for 15 or 30 days.

Thanks in advance
mohan

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 am

dear friends,

any suggestion on the above post from me ?

i am awaiting ur valuable inputs, please.

MOHAN

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Thu May 24, 2007 4:12 am

Hi Mohan,

I am no expert in this, but yeah I guess this should be ok. I also intend to apply in similar fashion. Only diff is that my friend has mentioned that he would take care of my expense and provided details of 6 months.
Anyway he has to send docs for 2/3 months, so better to have for 6 months if possible to make your case stronger.

I wont be showing any hotel booking.

Umang

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:36 pm

Hi Reshma,
Any suggestions please ?

Yeh I am awaiting covering letter for EC and accomodation too.....can you help ?

And also , is CA evaluation report compulsory ?

Mohan

Jims
Newly Registered

Question to Mohan Mudaliar

Post by Jims » Thu May 24, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi Mohan,

It is quite interesting.. I looked into all the threads posted by you as specified by AspireHSMP... You seemed to have extracted almost all data/information from this forum's members and also have asked very basic questions about HSMP/EC. But you are now claiming that you have some guy in bangalore who charges minimal charges for guidance and you are doing with his help..

Dont get offended, pls..

So, do 'your friend' doesnt know all those basic stuff that you ask here? Or are you not trusting him that you validate/double check here..
I am just curious...

Cheers
Jims

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:49 am

Hi Jims,

Thanks for ur mail. Answering to that, yes ur right that I have got lot of information from this forum and many things i got it confirmed via this forum. I never claimed that my guide is the one who did everything for me...infact he helped me with formats from his side which again i use to discuss with him by showing the formats which i use to find in this forum and finally we both use to agree on something common .......and like that he was with me always to discuss it out in presence and guide . He has worked and lived in UK and he keep travelling to many places and UK frequently and hence interaction wtih him surely helps and gives confidence........that's it nothing like what an agents do for the sake of business. At present he is out to UK and i have just started preparing my EC and hence i am in this forum to learn and share ........and hence their is no space for word "not trusting" but trying and learning everything so that we don't fail in our attempt.......and ya many threads which i have answered in this forum , i have taken help of the guide and answered......so that's how it goes................i hope u got the message...

thanks and lets keep sharing our experience for the benefit of all.

mohan

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Tue May 29, 2007 1:56 am

aprilhsmp wrote:Today I submitted EC form. My findings:

For integra
1. first and 8th page of VAF1 form photocopy
2. integra form and its copy
3. salary slips 2 months photocopy
4. degree photocopy
5. photocopy of all pages of my passport
Hello Aprilhsmp,
Thanks for sharing experience...
I am going to apply my EC in 2 weeks time.
Can you please let me know what is integra and why it is required.

Do we have to get the seal and signature for the online salary slips (similar to HSMP)?

srikp

Post by srikp » Tue May 29, 2007 2:21 am

Yes, even I was wondering about getting online pay slips stamped and signed. I really felt it wasn't required for EC.

Also, for bank stt, can I take a printout of bank statement online and get it stamped and signed?
I thought it was better than waiting forever for my bank to send it to me by post to the postal address (as they don't give it over the counter).

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Tue May 29, 2007 3:57 am

Dear Reshma,
Even I am planning for my EC application in next 2-3 weeks and preparing the docs for it. As far as I have understood the Integra....it will be one page FORM which will be given by VFS for filling up our details of Education & Employment alongwith our main EC form. I have read in this forum and also in the Integra website that, this organisation named Integra with its HQ in Singapore do the job of cross-verification of the education and employer against the certificate provided. In short with their offices around the asia and nearby countries, they verify the certificates and employer details and submit the same to BHC. But now I have read in this forum itself that integra tells , verification is not required if you are applying for EC.........now that's so much confusion. If it is not required then why VFS charge us for Integra verification too.

Anyway, finally i thought...we dont have any other choice but simply fill in the one page form and submit the required documents against it and forget it, since the documents that we are going to submit will be surely genuine so let them do what ever they want.......that's what i decided and sharing with u all.

Regarding getting the online payslip signed and stamped is the best option if we can do it......why to take chance. We never know about the visa officer's choice..

thanks and best of luck friends
mohan

hemal_p

EC Application

Post by hemal_p » Tue May 29, 2007 12:50 pm

Hi Reshma,

First of all let me thank u for all the replies you have given to my query.

I've secured my approval and plan to apply for EC.

I have a few questions here and need your assistance:

1) How much bank balance do I need to show? I'll be haveing one dependt along with me.
2) Can I show some liquid assets from my parents, as if they were paritally sponsoring me?

3) What is asset declaration from CA?

Thanks,

HP

hahha143
Newly Registered

Post by hahha143 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:10 am

Hi reshma,

I am from bangalore a S/W engineer here, looking for HSMP.

i would like to get the covering letter from u... if possible can u plz mail me to shakpa@rediffmail.com

and whether it is needed to get NARIC approval before we apply for HSMP.

If not hat we have to do.

Do we need to send 8 semesters marklist also along with the digree cirtificate???

how we can make sure the originals will be return back

with regds

push

Post by push » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:28 am

Its better to provide the NARIC letter. If you are sure that the degree that you hold is already in the NARIC database then it is not needed. Check the other thread (a sticky) on this forum.

If you are submitting the Degree (which either is included in the NARIC Database or is accompanied with the NARIC letter) then the marksheets are not required.

You can make arrangements for pickup of your documents through a private courier - again refer to other posts in this regard on the forum.

regards,

push_hsmp

hahha143
Newly Registered

Post by hahha143 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:38 am

But in the form for HSMP it says to include the certificate from NARIC so why like that...

and ddo u know Cochin University of Science and Technologies (CUSAT) comes under NARIC.

push

Post by push » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:42 am

If you look at the form carefully the checkbox for NARIC is provided only for the vocational/professional courses (not for normal bachelors degree). However, for normal degrees also it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide a proof that the degree is equivalent to recognised British standards. Quoting from the form itself : You can claim points for one educational qualification that you hold. This qualification must be equivalent to the recognised standard of British Bachelors, Masters or PhD.

So if you are sure that your degree is included in the NARIC database then you need not provide the NARIC letter, otherwise you have to.

I am sorry, I dont have any infor on Cochin University. May be someone who applied for HSMP and claimed points for same degree as yours can help you. You may check for the same on this link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=13098

I played safe and provided the NARIC letter.

best regards,

push_hsmp

hahha143
Newly Registered

Post by hahha143 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:20 am

Thanx for ur update.....

and can u plz provide me the covering letter you submitted...

kal

Post by kal » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:54 am

Hi Reshma thanks for sharing in this thread.

I have different issue here,
well I am Indian, 30 yrs old.

BCom,
PGDCA, BDPS, India
HDSE pvt institute in India
MS from Liverpool University
5+ Experience(2yrs India, 3 yrs Kenya & 8 Months UK)

I left my job in Kenya and came to UK as a student,
I can produce my salary slips, annual salary details (from kenyan employer), but I don't have any thing show like Tax Returns, I remember once I had submitted my Tax return but I have no such documents with me. Could you please advice me how can I go further for applying for HSMP.

Thanks

Kal

push

Post by push » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:17 pm

Kal,

If you dont have the primary evidence, you can submit the alternate evidence:

(1) Wage Slips
(2) Bank Account Statements showing regular deposit of salary
(3) Letter from the employer

regards,

push_hsmp

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:50 am

Hi reshma!

Can you please send me your 3page coverletter for HSMP? am applying in a weeks time.
my mail id: jassafrass@gmail.com

thanks in advance!

kal

Post by kal » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:15 am

Hi push_hsmp,

Thanks for your reply,

Can you please guide me in this regards.

As I already mentioned that I don't have all the payslips(some are missing) and fortunately I could find a copy of my Tax Returns with my employer.

So can I request my Kenyan Employer to send me those payslips with the company seal and the signature on it. even tough its abig company, its a normal practice in kenya to issue paylisps on normal paper, it will have just the company name and the pay details, and I am also accompanying with the employers salary statement and tax documents - Unfortunately I don't have any bank statements with me now, and I tried with my XBanker and it is very difficult to get one.

Do they consider these kind of Payslips(unlike UK payslips, they are just normal payslips printed on normal paper)

please advice.

Thanks

kal
push_hsmp wrote:Kal,

If you dont have the primary evidence, you can submit the alternate evidence:

(1) Wage Slips
(2) Bank Account Statements showing regular deposit of salary
(3) Letter from the employer

regards,

push_hsmp