ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone recently got Citizenship with spent offences?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Has anyone recently got Citizenship with spent offences?

Post by navalaviator » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Hey guys it would be reassuring and useful to know if anyone has been successful in getting British Citizenship recently after the change in rules (after 12 Dec 2012) with the spent Police Cautions and other non-custodial sentences.

It would help and give reassurance to those who have cautions,non-custodial sentences or other out of court disposals on their record and want to apply for citizenship but are not sure or feeling very low and believe that there are slim chances of approval or think that will they ever get citizenship so any experiences shared will be a huge confidence booster and a peace of mind. :)

skilachi

Re: Has anyone recently got Citizenship with spent offences?

Post by skilachi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:59 pm

navalaviator wrote:Hey guys it would be reassuring and useful to know if anyone has been successful in getting British Citizenship recently after the change in rules (after 12 Dec 2012) with the spent Police Cautions and other non-custodial sentences.

It would help and give reassurance to those who have cautions,non-custodial sentences or other out of court disposals on their record and want to apply for citizenship but are not sure or feeling very low and believe that there are slim chances of approval or think that will they ever get citizenship so any experiences shared will be a huge confidence booster and a peace of mind. :)

Hi Navalaviator,

I'm guessing you've got a non-custodial sentences/caution and due to apply for BC? Well i'm in the same situation and no-one in the forum seems to be sharing much on this.

Hopefully, maybe we can get the admin to put this up as a sticky note as it would help people looking for info on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Has anyone recently got Citizenship with spent offences?

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:09 pm

This post is more than a year old and the person applied for BC last year as spouse of BC. The good character requirements changed in December 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.