ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for change of wife's maiden name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aaeran

Evidence for change of wife's maiden name

Post by aaeran » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:10 pm

All,

My wife maiden name is mentioned on the marriage certificate. However, her current Indian passport has my last name. She has applied for the residence permit and ILR using my last name.

What evidence should I provide for change of her last name after marriage?

The only document I can think of is her cancelled passport which has her maiden name and current passport which has my last name. Last page of the current passport also mentions my name under spouse and refers to the cancelled passport. I will explain this in the covering letter.

Please advice if this would be acceptable. If not, please suggest alternatives.

Thank you.

Just Wondering

Re: Evidence for change of wife's maiden name

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:42 am

You only need to provide a marriage certificate to prove change of last name.

See "Changing your name after marriage or civil partnership" https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll

aaeran

Post by aaeran » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks for your rsponse.

This process will not work for us as the marriage certificate was issued in India and I cannot send it to UK govt for change of surname.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Marriage certificate and passport is sufficient.

For example, I am from South Africa, my maiden name is on my marriage certificate and my passport is in my married name. I have applied successfully for visas, ILR and BC with these documents.

So not sure why this is an issue for you. Make sure you marriage certificate is translated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.