ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Baby eligibility for cityzenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

settling14
Newly Registered

My Baby eligibility for cityzenship

Post by settling14 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:37 pm

My Baby has born on 2nd July 2014. I am applying for ILR this month. My Wife is eligible for ILR in March 2015.
We both were not having ILR when the baby was born. I want to apply for my baby's British citizenship.

Please let me know how and what can I apply for my baby's British passport as I have plan to take her india once I got my ILR this month.

Thanks & Regards
settling14

Obie
Ireland

Re: My Baby eligibility for cityzenship

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Your baby is not a British Citizen, so you cannot apply for any British Passport for him/her.

If or when your ILR application is successful, you will have to register your baby as a British Citizen under Section 1(3).

Only if that process is successful, will you be able to apply for a British Passport. So if you have immediate travel plans, you are best advised to apply for settlement for your child, as registration can take a while.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

settling14
Newly Registered

Post by settling14 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi Obie,

Could you please clarify for the below concerns.

Do we both (me and my wife ) or anyone of us have to get ILR before applying to register our baby as a British Citizen under Section 1(3) ?
how many weeks it take to do the registration ?

Thanks for you information.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Either one settled is fine.

It is probably months. There is a long delay nowadays.

settling14
Newly Registered

Post by settling14 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi All,

My ILR has been approved last Thursday . I will be receiving the ILR BRP card this week. My wife will apply for ILR on Feb 2015 as she has its own individual visa.

I am still looking for the advice for my 3month baby's (born in UK)citizenship and passport, also I asked earlier but need the information in details

Could you please suggest howsoon and how I can get her British citizenship and passport as I have immediate travel plan to India on annual leave.

Thanks.