ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Independent Property Report question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

beatboy

Independent Property Report question

Post by beatboy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:27 am

I need an independent property report to support my wife's visa application (my Mother is sponsoring us). However, where my mother lives the council doesn't offer this service and there are no independent Environmental Health Practitioners in the area. She has found an organisation which offers a "desktop assessment" which means my mother would be required to take measurements, fill in a questionnaire and return it, sign a declaration to confirm the measurements are as accurate as possible and they would produce a report to determine whether the property is statutorily overcrowded. They also say that this would be approved by the Home Office and UK Border Agency

Has anyone else done something similar? I feel like it could be our only option but it sounds a little dodgy to me. Thanks

vinny

Re: Independent Property Report question

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:09 am

An independent property report isn't a mandatory requirement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

beatboy

Post by beatboy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:19 pm

vinny wrote:An independent property report isn't a mandatory requirement.
Thanks for your reply. I realise the UK Border Agency say "you should consider..." the report as supporting evidence but at the same time, on these same threads, I've seen people recommend getting the report done - especially in case where parents are housing you. Has anyone had a visa approved without it with a similar case to mine? (applying from outside the UK, staying with a parent). Thanks

beatboy

Post by beatboy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:31 am

Bump (input greatly appreciated)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:29 am

You would only require this document if they are a large number of people ( family) living in a house and that any additional people will it make it overcrowded, otherwise its not a requirement.

How many people are currently living there and how many rooms excluding Spam and bathroom are there at the property.

beatboy

Post by beatboy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks for the reply. There is only my mum living there in a 4 bedroomed house which has 3 other rooms apart from bathrooms (living room, washing room and Spam). This is also the house I was born in and have gone back to whenever me and my wife have visited the UK and we always stay in "my" room which has a double bed and is spacey.

So maybe some photos of the rooms in the house will be OK alongside the deeds, council tax bill (I know this is optional) and the letter from Mum?

beatboy

Post by beatboy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Bump

beatboy

Post by beatboy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:01 am

Bump

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:06 am

The house is more than big enough even once your wife joins you. No IPR required in my opinion...