ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch fp to m for ilr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

flozo64

Switch fp to m for ilr

Post by flozo64 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Hoping someone can shed more light on ilr. Under eligibility requirements it states that applicant can apply after:

*60 months of limited leave to remain under R-LTRP 1.1 (a) to (c)

*120 months of limited leave to remain under R-LTRP 1.1 (a), (b) and (d)

*120 months of limited leave to remain under a combination

So if applicant switches from flr(fp) under 120 months to flr(m) does this result in applicant restarting their time and needing to spend another 30 months, thus not carrying foward previous time spent under flr?

As if applicant switches from flr (m) under 30 months to flr (fp) surely the 120 months cannot include previous time under flr (m)?

The guidance is unclear. Surely applicant switching flr(fp) to flr (m) would only do so if needing to complete less than 120 months for ilr...
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Switch fp to m for ilr

Post by Zee ali » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:24 pm

flozo64 wrote:Hoping someone can shed more light on ilr. Under eligibility requirements it states that applicant can apply after:

*60 months of limited leave to remain under R-LTRP 1.1 (a) to (c)

*120 months of limited leave to remain under R-LTRP 1.1 (a), (b) and (d)

*120 months of limited leave to remain under a combination

So if applicant switches from flr(fp) under 120 months to flr(m) does this result in applicant restarting their time and needing to spend another 30 months, thus not carrying foward previous time spent under flr?

Yes. They can't carry forward previous 2.5 years under flr fp. If they make flr m than 5 years more to ILR. (2 flrm*2.5 years= 5 years)

As if applicant switches from flr (m) under 30 months to flr (fp) surely the 120 months cannot include previous time under flr (m)?

Yes but they r eligible for ILR unde long residency after 7.5 years on flrfp

2.5 year on flrm + 7.5 years flr fp = 10 years LR ILR

The guidance is unclear. Surely applicant switching flr(fp) to flr (m) would only do so if needing to complete less than 120 months for ilr...
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

flozo64

Post by flozo64 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:56 am

Than you for your reply. I thought as much.

It's incredibly frustrating as my husband originally entered the UK in 2011 and was granted flr (fp) last year, which means if we stick to thia route he won't be granted ilr until 2024. :x
Flr(fp) application.

Applied - 29/07-14
HO Received - 31/07/14
Biometrics done - 12/08/14
Decision - Granted - 10/10/2014

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:29 pm

flozo64 wrote:Than you for your reply. I thought as much.

It's incredibly frustrating as my husband originally entered the UK in 2011 and was granted flr (fp) last year, which means if we stick to thia route he won't be granted ilr until 2024. :x
What visa did he enter the UK on in 2011?

He will qualify, if he meets all the requirements, for ILR based on long residence in 2021.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.