ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

trinity B1 certificate expire date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vitek959
Newly Registered

trinity B1 certificate expire date

Post by vitek959 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Dear Sir/Madam
I got my Grade5 entry level certificate in ESOL entry3 B1.1 of the CEFR awarded by Trinity College on 17 February 2014.Could you please let me know if it is still valid for a naturalisation form I will submit in November 2016. This certificate was not used by the Home Office during my permanent residence application form last summer-autumn as I am a family member of an EEA citizen and there was no need for me to provide it at that time. Kind Regards

Malik44

Re: trinity B1 certificate expire date

Post by Malik44 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:04 pm

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test.

Applying to settle in the UK

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:07 pm

ESOL is no longer accepted though. If you submit it, you might be asked at some point to provide another test or proof of English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

masif
Newly Registered

Post by masif » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:05 pm

HI CR001

But it explicitly says on the page https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications that
Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test.

little confuse really..

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:10 am

Whether the test result is still valid or expired is irrelevant in OP's case.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kenny072018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by kenny072018 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:56 am

Hi

At the end, Did you had to give exam again?

Thanks
K

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:59 am

OP only ever posted once so you are unlikely to get a reply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.