ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I sponsor a friend for a visitor visa if I claim pip?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dizzired
Newly Registered

Can I sponsor a friend for a visitor visa if I claim pip?

Post by dizzired » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm just wondering if I could sponsor a friend from Gambia to visit me in uk for a 8, maybe 12 weeks holiday? I claim pip as I have been left with complications from an operation and after treatment to remove and recovery from cancer.
Thank u.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I sponsor a friend for a visitor visa if I claim pip

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:48 pm

Your friends has to prove his personal and financial circumstances in Gambia to convince UKVI that he is a 'genuine visitor' and will leave the UK. Things like ties to home country, i.e. family, job, savings, children etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dizzired
Newly Registered

Post by dizzired » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:44 am

Thank u for the information. He does voluntary work in his uncle's shop, but will be getting paid when it's more established in a few months. He also coaches a girls football team and is in a 2nd division football team. He doesn't have any savings or a wife and children. The reason for the visit is because he lost his mum last year, and this year he lost his aunt and granddad 2 days apart. He is finding things difficult at the moment.
Part of my condition is nerve damage from the waist down, I'm in a lot of pain everyday and I also have mental health problems including agoraphobia. I'm sat indoors alone most days and if he was to be accepted for the visa, we could both go out site seeing and would be good for him to take his mind off things plus for me to have some company. My private cleaner is taking some time off to help 1 of their children move house and get it all decorated, so my gambian friend will be able to cover if he is accepted.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:54 am

dizzired wrote:My private cleaner is taking some time off to help 1 of their children move house and get it all decorated, so my gambian friend will be able to cover if he is accepted.
Working is prohibited, even voluntary.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dizzired
Newly Registered

Post by dizzired » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:15 am

Sorry, I meant that he could do the cleaning in my house while my cleaner is not here or will this still be prohibited? Obviously I won't be paying him, would it not be classed as him helping me with daily living?
Thank u for the reply.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:20 am

CR001 wrote:Your friends has to prove his personal and financial circumstances in Gambia to convince UKVI that he is a 'genuine visitor' and will leave the UK. Things like ties to home country, i.e. family, job, savings, children etc.
This is the crux of the matter.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:23 pm

How confident is your friend, and are you, that he would get a visit visa without your sponsorship in any kind? Thousands of visitors to UK every year are not sponsored by family, relatives or friends.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.