ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child registration for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talkhome

child registration for British citizenship

Post by talkhome » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:33 am

Main applicant granted ilr on long residency basis.

Does uk born child dependant need to first switch to family member of settled person? Or we can apply registration without it.

I am worried ukvi may curtail dependant leave before child get registration as I have switched from tier 4 to ilr.

Member of Standing

Re: child registration for British citizenship

Post by member » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:46 am

What was your immigration status when the was born?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:31 am

As you have recently (assuming from previous posts) received ILR, you can register your UK born child on MN1. The child DOES NOT need to switch to any visa category to do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talkhome

Post by talkhome » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:23 pm

CR001 wrote:As you have recently (assuming from previous posts) received ILR, you can register your UK born child on MN1. The child DOES NOT need to switch to any visa category to do this.

But imagine if processing of registration takes 6 months and UKVI curtail leave earlier then child will be considered over stayer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:13 pm

talkhome wrote:
CR001 wrote:As you have recently (assuming from previous posts) received ILR, you can register your UK born child on MN1. The child DOES NOT need to switch to any visa category to do this.

But imagine if processing of registration takes 6 months and UKVI curtail leave earlier then child will be considered over stayer?
No, he will not be considered an overstayer. Child has an entitlement to register and does not need valid leave/visa to do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.