ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN - Evidence of Freedom from Immigration Time Restrictions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bellybell
Newly Registered

Post by Bellybell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:53 am

Hi,

I intend to submit to the application for British Citizenship but not sure if I am eligible to do so:

1) I am a BNO holder and has been to and from UK in the past 5 years. And during the 5 year period I have not been absent from the UK for more than 450 days of which no more than 90 days have been taken in the last 12 months, i.e. every 6 months I out from UK for about 2-4 weeks.

2) I do not get the BRP card. in any way that I can provide the evidence of freedom from immigration time restriction?

Thanks!

Member of Standing

Re: AN - Evidence of Freedom from Immigration Time Restricti

Post by member » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:25 am

What is your immigration history in the UK?

Bellybell
Newly Registered

Post by Bellybell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:37 am

Just being a Traveler by entering with a BN(O) to and from UK for almost 5 years as my relatives are living in UK and taking care my life here.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:41 am

Did the UK Immigration Officer put any endorsement in your BNO passport when you enter the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bellybell
Newly Registered

Post by Bellybell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:15 am

... Couldn't see any endorsement on the passport...

Member of Standing

Post by member » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:19 am

If you have "freedom from immigration time restriction", what makes you leave the UK every 6 months and re-enter in 2-4 weeks' time?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:20 am

They didn't stamp your passport at all?

Does your passport say anything about your rights in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bellybell
Newly Registered

Post by Bellybell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:04 am

Or course they did chop on my passport for in and out of UK but don't have any other endorsement.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:13 am

On the stamp/chop that they put on your passport, did it state "Leave to enter for six months" or words to that effect?

Something like this?

If you do not have a BRP or an ILR vignette in your passport, you are not free of immigration restrictions and hence can not apply for British naturalisation.

Are you of Chinese ethnicity (because China considers people of Chinese ethnicity to be automatically Chinese citizens) or have you ever held any other nationality (by being born in a country with jus soli, such as most countries in the New World, for example)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.