ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum stay time to get ILR for FLR(M) Dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

faisaltanoli

Minimum stay time to get ILR for FLR(M) Dependent

Post by faisaltanoli » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello,

I need an information regarding minimum stay time for my dependent in order to qualify ILR.
I am British Citizen and my wife is in UK as FLR(M) status. She have spent nearly 2 and half year and next extension is due very soon. My question is "there are any time limitation to stay in UK".

Please update me if someone have valid information.

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal

Casa

Re: Minimum stay time to get ILR for FLR(M) Dependent

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:25 pm

faisaltanoli wrote:Hello,

I need an information regarding minimum stay time for my dependent in order to qualify ILR.
I am British Citizen and my wife is in UK as FLR(M) status. She have spent nearly 2 and half year and next extension is due very soon. My question is "there are any time limitation to stay in UK".

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
I'm not sure what you mean by is "there are any time limitation to stay in UK". ? Your wife will need to complete her next 2.5 year term on FLR(M) before qualifying for ILR
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:11 pm

From your previous posts, it appears you/partner applied for FLR(M) spouse visa by post on 28th September 2014, so she is not applying 'very soon' for an extension.

On what date was her visa granted?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:From your previous posts, it appears you/partner applied for FLR(M) spouse visa by post on 28th September 2014, so she is not applying 'very soon' for an extension.

On what date was her visa granted?
Sorry for confusion. I meant that how much maximum time she can spent outside the UK. So it will make no effect on her getting ILR

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Casa wrote:
faisaltanoli wrote:Hello,

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
I'm not sure what you mean by is "there are any time limitation to stay in UK". ? Your wife will need to complete her next 2.5 year term on FLR(M) before qualifying for ILR

Sorry for confusion. I meant that how much maximum time she can spent outside the UK. So it will make no effect on her getting ILR

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:35 pm

There is no published limit. Only absences over 6 months need to be declared for ILR,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:38 pm

If she spent more then six months, whether it would make any impact on her getting ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:47 pm

No, but you would have to submit evidence of subsisting marriage.

Also, she shouldn't be 'living' abroad and then coming back only to apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:07 pm

The reason I am looking for advice, my wife looking to move for Pakistan for two years due to her project work. During that period I will be here and all the bills and mortgages will be keep continue on her name. whether she will get her ILR without being much trouble as she already come under the hammer of rule imposed after 06/04/2014.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:07 pm

Your wife won't qualify for ILR if she spends 2 years living outside of the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)