ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thanks to the Immigration Board Community

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Thanks to the Immigration Board Community

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Today I received my approval letter, dated 31.10.2016, which is about 2 months after submission and biometrics. Hopefully next Tuesday ceremony. During the preparation I discovered this discussion board and whilst I didn’t ask many questions I did learn a lot about the UK immigration and citizenship matters. Much of it was an eye opener and I realised that when politicians talk about immigration they really tell you very little of how things work. From my side I tried to give some common sense advice, probably didn’t get it right some of the time but hopefully it helped someone.

So a big vote of thanks especially to the guys and gals known as Moderators, Gurus, Experts, etc. I don’t know how you stay so calm and professional facing the onslaught of questions, issues, problems, and many of them super urgent. Also to the many other users who stay around offering their knowledge. And also thanks to NCS for the friendly and expert service (they did save me from an expensive mistake!).

One question often asked is “which supporting documents did you submit with your application” so here is my list. I think my case was straightforward but here we go (all documents copied by NCS):
- Current EU Passport
- HO Letter dated Dec 1984 certifying PR/ILR
- EEC Citizen Residence Permit issued Dec 1979 stamped with PR/ILR Dec 1984
- Life in the UK Test Certificate (Original)
- B1 English Certificate
- Reference Letter from my employer (nearly 30 years continuous service)
- And not to forget Payment Form

As you can tell I have been a long term EU resident (from Germany) – I decided to apply for BC because I didn’t want any hassle that the current situation may create in years to come, and I can still retain my German citizenship. Hopefully those who have been in the UK for a long time and considering their options have kept their paperwork intact and up to date which clearly makes it easier to go through the process. If not you should get to work now.

Once again, thanks to all, and hopefully those waiting will get their approvals soon, especially those waiting many months or even years, or requesting reconsideration.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa

Re: Thanks to the Immigration Board Community

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Most of us on here have travelled the same road either ourselves, or our family members have....and we've hung around hoping to do our best to steer others in the right direction.

Always good to know that a member's plan for a future here has finally come together. Thanks for sharing. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.