ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long wait for getting biometrics request

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cdnapplier123
Newly Registered

Long wait for getting biometrics request

Post by cdnapplier123 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Has anyone experienced a particularly long wait between the email acknowledgement of the application / fee payment and request for biometrics.

It seems based on timelines posted on this forum that the request is always received 2-3 days after home office takes payment and sends the email acknowledgement. However, the home office says that the request for biometrics might be sent anytime within 2 months after the application.

Thanks!

blessedtoday

Re: Long wait for getting biometrics request

Post by blessedtoday » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:39 am

How long have you been waiting??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 am

blessedtoday wrote:How long have you been waiting??
I believe that OP only applied in mid January or there about.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:02 pm

From what i understand from reading this forum the whole BC is meant to take 6 months but there are people who have been waiting for over a year. If you only applied in Jan keep waiting your biometric letter will come eventually most times we have to exercise patience with the UKVI

mnu991979
Newly Registered

Post by mnu991979 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:57 pm

cdnapplier123 wrote:Has anyone experienced a particularly long wait between the email acknowledgement of the application / fee payment and request for biometrics.

It seems based on timelines posted on this forum that the request is always received 2-3 days after home office takes payment and sends the email acknowledgement. However, the home office says that the request for biometrics might be sent anytime within 2 months after the application.

Thanks!

hello cdnapplier123
i applied on 08/02/2017 and still not receive a biometric letter