ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Partner Visa Application Experience

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tiertwoguy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Partner Visa Application Experience

Post by tiertwoguy » Sun May 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi All,

My wife recently applied for Tier 2 General Partner (a.k.a Dependant) from Mumbai, India on 3rd April 2017.I'm already in UK under Tier 2 General for over 2 years now. Below is the list of document (we mentioned this in cover letter in the visa application form) that we submitted to VFS:

I am applying to join my husband Mr. XXXXX, who is on a Tier 2 General Leave to Remain in the UK.

Documents included for the application are:

1) Application Form duly completed and signed
2) Passport (2 in no.) - New passport had married name i.e. requested for new passport after marriage.
3) Two passport size photographs
4) Tuberculosis Certificate
5) Immigration Health Surcharge Reference Number: IHSXXXXXXXXXX
6) Copy of passport and biometric residence permit of my husband
7) Two passport size photographs of my husband

Evidence of Marriage:

8) Marriage Certificate (with Apostile stamp by the ministry of external affairs in Delhi)
9) Marriage Photographs - Approximately 40 photographs
10) Marriage invitation card (2 in total, 1 from husband's side and one from wife's side)
11) Husband's air ticket
12) Husband's boarding pass

Other evidence of subsisting relationship:

13) Husband's UK itemised mobile bill highlighting calls made to wife
14) Applicant’s Mobile bill from service provider highlighting applicant name and ownership of phone number
15) e-greeting card sent from husband to applicant

English Proficiency of Applicant:

16) UK NARIC academic qualification level statement of Masters in xxxx
17) UK NARIC academic qualification level statement of Bachelors in xxxx
18) UK NARIC English language proficiency statement for Masters in xxxxx
19) UK NARIC English language proficiency statement for Bachelors in xxxxx
20) Transcript for Bachelors & Masters

Husband's documents:

21) Employers Letter dated xxxxx 2017
22) Payslips from xxxx 2016 to xxxx 2017 (Salary slips for last 1 year)
23) Certificate of sponsorship (from Employer)
24) Husband's bank statement for maintenance highlighting salary credited for the past 12 months and final balance on xxxx 2017

Other documents of Husband:

25) Tenancy Agreement

NOTE: I've read few blogs on this website and have seen most of the gurus mentioning that the more proof we provide for subsisting relationship the better. I only read them after my wife made her application and was a bit sceptical about the application but we were lucky enough to get the visa even after providing only 2 to 3 proofs for subsisting relationship but I would kindly request everyone to follow gurus advice and provide as much proof's for subsisting relationship as possible.

My wife visited VFS on 3rd April with all the above mentioned documents. Once she went in, she had to go through the security check. On completion of that, she filled in the courier/SMS notification form (we opted for it) and requested for a token number. She then had to wait for approximately 20 minutes before being called at the counter. Once at the counter, she submitted all the documents along with the courier/SMS notification form. The agent at the counter inserted all the documents in one big envelope and was being asked to wait. She waited for approximately 5 minutes and then was called at another counter where she handed that envelope and that agent scanned each and every document. The agent returned all the original documents except the passport. She was then asked to visit another counter for bio-metric. This whole process took around 40 to 45 minutes. The visa got approved on 12th April (8 working days) but due to some miscommunication with VFS & courier company, we received the result on 9th May. But all is well that ends well :-)

I wish everyone all the very best for the application. Hope the above information provided helps.

Regards.

priyafa

Re: Tier 2 General Partner Visa Application Experience

Post by priyafa » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:20 pm

UK naric required for tier 2 general partner?

Someone please confirm.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Partner Visa Application Experience

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:13 pm

priyafa wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:20 pm
UK naric required for tier 2 general partner?

Someone please confirm.

Thanks
Not required for PBS dependents.

Kindly also refrain from digging up topics that are almost 2 years old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.