ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Child Passport Application - Required Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BR_SW18
Newly Registered
Greece

EEA Child Passport Application - Required Documents

Post by BR_SW18 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:07 am

Hi,

I am European and was issued with a permanent residence card last week (August 2017), with the date on which I was deemed to have acquired permanent residence being April 2016.

My child was born in the UK in September 2017. As this was after the PR date above I think they should be entitled to British citizenship and I am now completing their passport application.

I am unsure though as to what documents I need to send along with the application. Is my PR card sufficient or do I need to provide all evidence again (e.g. P45, P60 etc)?

Many Thanks for the help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EEA Child Passport Application - Required Documents

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 am

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:37 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 am
Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
I suggest that that's for parents without a relevant PRC or DCPR. (Alternatively, explain how to use the link, because I can't see how the OP could use it. Or does the Passport Office have a policy of ignoring DCPRs but not PRCs?) In the OP's case, I would suggest just submitting that document as evidence of settled status, as it was issued too close to the child's date of birth for the PR to have expired through absence.

BR_SW18
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by BR_SW18 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:54 am

Thank you both for the replies!

I have taken a look at the link above but seemed quite vague/not applicable for people with a PR card.

Richard, your suggestion makes sense to me and hopefully to the Passport Office as well. If anyone with a similar experience can share what docs they provided that would be great!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:25 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BR_SW18
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by BR_SW18 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:12 pm

Thank you CR001, I think you provided the link so that I can have a look at the guidance notes and Table A especially. Am I mistaken when saying that the required docs for someone with a EEA PR are not mentioned at all? :roll:

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:36 pm

BR_SW18 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:12 pm
Thank you CR001, I think you provided the link so that I can have a look at the guidance notes and Table A especially. Am I mistaken when saying that the required docs for someone with a EEA PR are not mentioned at all? :roll:
It's just barely possible that your passport will suffice. After all, if someone receives ILR in 2013 or later, has a child, and then naturalises, that person will have no evidence that they were settled when the child was born. The only sane resolution seems to be to ask UKVI if the person was settled!

It's probably more credible that advice to submit BRPs evidencing ILR was removed, and that mention of DCPRs and PRCs was also removed on the assumption that they would also have to be surrendered upon naturalisation.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:09 am

I see no reason why the PR documentation already issued would not be sufficient.

In theory they could request evidence to show that the parent was still "ordinarily resident" in the United Kingdom (settled= ILR/PR + ordinary residence) but this would be unusual. It is not routinely requested where parents have ILR unless there is evidence they had abandoned their U.K. residence and were only visiting when the child was born.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.