ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR FOR Dependents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hgodhrawala
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Year Category

Post by hgodhrawala » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 am

Hello Everyone.
Need some advice and information on ILR under 10 year route.
I will be completing 10 years this October and will be applying for ILR, need to know about my dependents.
Wife has been on my dependent visa since 8 years-is she eligible to apply with me?
Daughter been on my dependent visa since 5 years-is she eligible to apply with me?
Son been on my dependent visa since 2 years born in UK-is he eligible to apply with me?

Please advise.

Thanking you in anticipation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR 10 Year Category

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:13 pm

No they cannot apply with you. Set(LR) does not permit dependents to apply with you.

UK born children can be registered as British once you get ILR.

Dependents should switch to FLR(M) and meet all the requirements.

This assumes you don't apply for citizenship for UK born children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hgodhrawala
Newly Registered

Post by hgodhrawala » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:59 am

Many thanks for your response, in that case, can you advise as to when can my dependents apply for ILR? or citizenship?
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Your dependents will need a new 5 year residence period on FLR(M) before they can apply for ILR and then citizenship.

UK born child can be registered as British once you are granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm

but once wife completes 10 years here, she should be able to apply for ILR based on 10 years legal stay (unless FLR categories are excluded for some reason ?)

hgodhrawala
Newly Registered

Post by hgodhrawala » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Thank you for the responses.
Had a related query.. can I apply under 5 year work permit category for ILR under 2 different work permit categories
Tier 2 for 2 years and 3 years under Tier 1 Entrepreneur category.
Thank you

hgodhrawala
Newly Registered

Post by hgodhrawala » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:22 pm

Hello

Can anyone shed some light on my query below related to my previous questions on ILR under 10 year long term residence category.
As advised my dependents will not be able to apply at the same time, I am wanting to know if they can continue on their existing dependent visa till it is valid Dec 2018 (Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent) or do they need to switch to the FLR(M) category immediately once I am granted ILR.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:47 pm

hgodhrawala wrote:Thank you for the responses.
Had a related query.. can I apply under 5 year work permit category for ILR under 2 different work permit categories
Tier 2 for 2 years and 3 years under Tier 1 Entrepreneur category.
Thank you
Depends. If you are currently on Tier 2 then yes, however If you are on Tier 1E visa, then no.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hgodhrawala
Newly Registered

Post by hgodhrawala » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 am

Hello

Sorry to post the same query again...any expert comments please.

As advised my dependents will not be able to apply at the same time, I am wanting to know if they can continue on their existing dependent visa till it is valid Dec 2018 (Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent) or do they need to switch to the FLR(M) category immediately once I am granted ILR.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:51 am

They can continue on their visa, however they might face issues when travelling in and out. The suggestion is for them to switch as soon as they can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hgodhrawala
Newly Registered

Post by hgodhrawala » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Thank you for the information.
Had a related query for FLR(M) for my dependents, is there a financial requirement for their application, if yes please advice on the funds to be demonstrated and for what period (90) days?
thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:27 pm

hgodhrawala wrote:Thank you for the information.
Had a related query for FLR(M) for my dependents, is there a financial requirement for their application, if yes please advice on the funds to be demonstrated and for what period (90) days?
thank you
Excluding your UK born child, you need to demonstrate you earn a minimum of £22,400pa and show evidence of 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements for wife plus daughter.

You also have to prove adequate accommodation.

There is no 'maintenance fund' requirement for a spouse visa on FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hgodhrawala
Newly Registered

ILR FOR Dependents

Post by hgodhrawala » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:27 am

Hello Experts

Need some advice on ILR for my Dependents.

I recently got my ILR under the 10 year Long Residence Category.

Consulted a few solicitors who advised that my wife who has been a dependent for over 5 years can now apply under the SET M category as she has been the dependent of a settled person for 5 years.

A bit confused whether she can apply now or not?

Also wanted to seek advice on the Financial Requirement clause, i understand i need to demonstrate my earnings of around 18.500 before income tax, what form of evidence is required for the same, does the money need to be in the bank account for a set period of time?

Thank you!!!!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR FOR Dependents

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46 am

I have merged your topics, where you have already been given advice on what your dependents must apply for.
Consulted a few solicitors who advised that my wife who has been a dependent for over 5 years can now apply under the SET M category as she has been the dependent of a settled person for 5 years.
Nonsense, they are wrong. Your spouse DOES NOT hold a spouse settlement visa for the last 5 years so an application on Set(M) will fail.
A bit confused whether she can apply now or not?
No she cannot. She must switch her visa to FLR(M) as already advised.
Also wanted to seek advice on the Financial Requirement clause, i understand i need to demonstrate my earnings of around 18.500 before income tax, what form of evidence is required for the same, does the money need to be in the bank account for a set period of time?
It is £18,600pa for spouse only, it is more if non British children are included. You need 6 months payslips and 6 months corresponding bank statements to prove you meet the salary requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)