ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Become a british citizen if born in uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abeersweety9
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by Abeersweety9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:21 am

Hello i am new here iwant to ask same question

I was born in 9/9/1985
In london and i have my birth certificate from london but my dad and mum from yemen and my dad was in london since 1980 studied there buisness adminesttation and got married to mum in 1984 i was born in 1985 we stayed there till 1986 but i didnt get my british nationality but he still gets his driving lisence there in uk it will expire in 2020. So could i get the britsh nationality
Please i need some one to help me coz really i suffer

vinny

Re: Become a british citizen if born in uk

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:07 am

What were your parents' Immigration status at the time of your birth?

Unfortunately, unless your mum or dad was settled or British at the time of your birth, you are not automatically British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Abeersweety9
Newly Registered
Yemen

Re: Become a british citizen if born in uk

Post by Abeersweety9 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:46 am

What do u mean?!😭😭but that time the government gave them my pocket money and they were treated like british citizens becoz of me and he got his driving lisence and all the rights there coz of me so how if they settled there i am not a british citizen not immigration my dad went to london for studying in 1980. Stayed six years there

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:56 am

Settled in this case is equivalent to being granted Indefinite Leave to Remin (ILR). So were either of your parents granted ILR prior to your birth?

A driving licence is irrelevant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.