ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exact Category for applying a replacement for 30 day vignette sticker?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Swagata
Newly Registered
India

Exact Category for applying a replacement for 30 day vignette sticker?

Post by Swagata » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:11 am

Hi All

I am really looking forward to an urgent help. I am a post doctoral research Fellow at King's College London on Tier 2 general migrant VISA and now working in London. My wife alongside of me applied for her Tier 2 General migrant dependent VISA in January 2017 and the vignette sticker expired in March. She could not travel with me as she had a troubled pregnancy and now finally wants to comeover. Could you please suggest what exactly is the VISA category (type and sub-type) for applying a replacement for old the 30 day vignette sticker. The weblink is not much of help as it does not clearly suggest the category (type and sub-type). If I attempt Other-Other-Vignette transfer category, the pop up suggests that it is for transferring the sticker to a new passport, which is just not our case. Any help would be much appreciated, as we did not receive any help from our VISA application centre. And My wife is really struggling back in India with our newborn daughter, for whom I am applying a dependent child 3 years Tier 2 VISA from scratch, of course.

Best regards
Swagata

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Exact Category for applying a replacement for 30 day vignette sticker?

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Why did you apply for her visa earlier in the year and now waited so long to sort out the new visa vignette? Hopefully there won't be any issues in getting a new one.

I think it is :

Other
>>Other
>>>>Vignette Transfer

general-uk-immigration-forum/30-day-vig ... 92549.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Swagata
Newly Registered
India

Post by Swagata » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Thanks very much for your sharp reply. Initially, early January 2017, we though she could travel and went ahead with the VISA. But then she started bleeding and we could not risk an abortion as the doctor strictly objected to air travel. Thankfully the most important think worked out, and we have our daughter safely born, so is my wife doing fine.

However, the 'other-other-Vignette transfer' comes up with this pop up, which says something completely different and worries me. I am more worried, because it's now a matter of both my wife and my daughter; and if one them gets the VISA and the other is somehow denied, that' going to be a mess. Hopefully your suggestion works out, as I finally can't wait any further and need to apply within a week. Any further input/suggestions will be much appreciated before I submit finally the application approximately in a week.

Best regards
Swagata

G4G4N
Newly Registered
India

Post by G4G4N » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:04 am

Hi swagata
I was just wondering wherever you could tell me the outcome of your vignette transfer. My husband and I are in a similar situation
Please advise
xx

G4G4N
Newly Registered
India

Post by G4G4N » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:10 am

Swagata wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:48 pm
Thanks very much for your sharp reply. Initially, early January 2017, we though she could travel and went ahead with the VISA. But then she started bleeding and we could not risk an abortion as the doctor strictly objected to air travel. Thankfully the most important think worked out, and we have our daughter safely born, so is my wife doing fine.

However, the 'other-other-Vignette transfer' comes up with this pop up, which says something completely different and worries me. I am more worried, because it's now a matter of both my wife and my daughter; and if one them gets the VISA and the other is somehow denied, that' going to be a mess. Hopefully your suggestion works out, as I finally can't wait any further and need to apply within a week. Any further input/suggestions will be much appreciated before I submit finally the application approximately in a week.

Best regards
Swagata
... have you applied for vignette transfer and if so how long did the process take?
Unfortunately I find myself in a similar situation where much time has lapsed since our visa was approved but was unable to travel to the UK.
I can't seemed to find much advise about processing times for vignette transfers or even if that will be accepted if many months pass after being granted visa.
Would be great if you could share your outcomes x

kristelaustria
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kristelaustria » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:59 am

hi to all,

I am in the same situation as everyone here, My entry clearance is from August 18 to september 15 2018, however, due to unfortunate circumstance, I may be travelling to uk late september, since my recruitment agency here in the philippines is under license renewal at the philippine government and may not be able to process my deployment from philippines to UK with in the entry clearance validity.

as I have read the thread, we need to apply for a vignette transfer and indicate in the additional information why we are not able to travel.
i just have a question, in the visa transfer details, it was indicated the visa validity/expiry, what should i need to indicate in that box, the validity of the entry clearance which is one month, or the visa validity which is 3 years?

and lastly, what are the documents that i need to bring or present at the application center?

thank you in advance for anyone who responds.