ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa Priority service successful

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

cl65amg
Newly Registered
China

Tier 2 dependent visa Priority service successful

Post by cl65amg » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi guys, just got my Tier 2 dependent visa last Friday. I thought it will be good to share my preparation with those who are trying to apply for the same visa.

Just to be clear, this is a within UK application, switching from T1 E to Tier 2 dependent using priority postal service to be decided within 10 working days.

Background info: My current Tier 1 E visa expires in May 2018. My wife is on Tier 2 general visa expiring in 2019 and we recently got married in the UK on 16th November.

I decided to apply through Priority as I can't stand the wait. Was thinking using premium but the nearest slot was in Mid December.

Started the application process by following the online procedure. First sending the email for priority inclusion at 8:30 am and got the reply in the afternoon on the same day with a reference which is needed for the online application form.

Completely the form, paid the NHS fees and paid the application fees(bloody expensive) on 27th November and sent all documents(list below) with special delivery on 28th November. Tracking info indicated' delivered' on 29th Nov. Biometric information submitted on 28th as well by using the form downloaded online after completed the online application.

I was trying to track the status using the online checking service but none of my reference numbers was working, even the IHSXXXX or post office tracking number......

On 1st December, I received an email from the case officer. In the email, it said there was an error in collecting my biometric info, therefore, I need to enroll again in order for my application to be considered. However, HO had sent a letter to me with the fee-free sticker so I don't have to pay again. But 1st December was a Friday, earliest for the letter to arrive is 4th December which is a Monday....

Got the letter on Monday and enroll again the same day, a different post office of course.

Then the waiting begins again while keep checking the status with all sorts of reference number, still showing' not recognised'. :x :x :x

On Friday morning, 8th December, got a recorded delivery and it felt like a card. Yes, it was the new visa which was issued on 6th December, two days after re-enrollment. On the same day, all my documents were returned via special delivery from HO. Overall, the whole process completed and it took 7 working days in total.

Here is the list of documents I enclosed:
Compulsory documents:
1. my passport( new and old) as old visa was in old passport(the old visa was a sticker, not a BRP card)
2. two photos
3. Bank statement showing £630 saving for 90 days, dated within 30 days
4.police certificate
5.marriage certificate

Supporting documents:
1. wife passport and BRP card
2.police certificate
3.council tax bills showing our names on it
4. Employer letter
5. Payslip for last 3 months
6.A cover letter stating how we met and how our relationship goes and confirm marriage

All put in two separate folders labeled as "compulsory" and "supporting" documents.
That is all the documents, not a lot but very easy for the case officer to follow. My thought is that if we make case officers easy to follow logically, then they will make it easy for us.

I hope this helps for anyone who is trying to apply T2 dependent within UK regardless method of application.

Last but not the least, people often say that there is a high risk for dependent applicants if recently got married, in my case, it was 10 days in between. To be honest, I don't believe that as long as you are in a genuine relationship and you love the person you are marrying. Why would you be worried?

nagarjuna04
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa Priority service successful

Post by nagarjuna04 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for sharing all details with so much clarity.

I have got one query as I am planning to apply a dependent visa for my wife.. Regarding Criminal Record Certificate.

Is this certificate mandatory for all dependents? or is this applicable only to certain SOC codes?

Thanks in advance...

cl65amg
Newly Registered
China

Post by cl65amg » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:44 pm

nagarjuna04 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:13 pm
Hi,

Thanks a lot for sharing all details with so much clarity.

I have got one query as I am planning to apply a dependent visa for my wife.. Regarding Criminal Record Certificate.

Is this certificate mandatory for all dependents? or is this applicable only to certain SOC codes?

Thanks in advance...
I did not provide any CRC as I am applying within the UK which is not needed. However, I understand out of country application do require one. Therefore, you need to include that with an English translation if not in English. Hope that helps.

tryash
Newly Registered
India

Post by tryash » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details.
I am also applying to switch from my existing Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 general dependent visa within UK.
I just had a query regarding the same.

Can you please let me know whether you provided the dependent details or main applicant details under 'Applicant details' section in the form while you sent the email for priority inclusion.

I am assuming you used the form below.Please let me know in case it is not right.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... b_2015.doc

Thanks in advance.

PR890
Newly Registered
India

Post by PR890 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:43 am

@nagarjuna04, also the Police Clearance Certificate is mandatory only for foreign nationals from these countries https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... gistration
as stated in https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... the-police

cl65amg
Newly Registered
China

Post by cl65amg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 am

tryash wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 pm
Hi,

I am also applying to switch from my existing Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 general dependent visa within UK.

Can you please let me know whether you provided the dependent details or main applicant details under 'Applicant details' section in the form while you sent the email for priority inclusion.

I am assuming you used the form below.Please let me know in case it is not right.

Thanks in advance.
Under" Applicant details", I filled in my personal details with employer name and COS number blank while under 'dependents', select 'NO' and the rest blank as I am applying on my own.

tryash
Newly Registered
India

Post by tryash » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 am

cl65amg wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 am
tryash wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Under" Applicant details", I filled in my personal details with employer name and COS number blank while under 'dependents', select 'NO' and the rest blank as I am applying on my own.
Thanks for your response:)
Since I am currently employed under ICT Tier 2 visa, I currently have a valid COS and sponsor name. I hope I can add them as well.

PR890
Newly Registered
India

Post by PR890 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:16 pm

tryash wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 am
cl65amg wrote:
tryash wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Since I am currently employed under ICT Tier 2 visa, I currently have a valid COS and sponsor name. I hope I can add them as well.
@tryash, You don't have to enter your CoS and sponsor name in the form. I guess thats for someone who is extending the visa. Also I applied for my switch from Tier 2 General to dependent last week and I left those fields empty. I still got my email in the afternoon same day, so it should work for you as well.

tryash
Newly Registered
India

Post by tryash » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm

@PR890 thank you very much for your inputs. You have a valid point. I will leave them blank.

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:54 pm

PR890 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:16 pm
tryash wrote:
cl65amg wrote:
tryash wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
@tryash, You don't have to enter your CoS and sponsor name in the form. I guess thats for someone who is extending the visa. Also I applied for my switch from Tier 2 General to dependent last week and I left those fields empty. I still got my email in the afternoon same day, so it should work for you as well.

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:56 pm

rajivunique wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:54 pm
PR890 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:16 pm
tryash wrote:
cl65amg wrote:

@tryash

@cl65amg

@nagarjuna04

@PR890

Hi Guys, can you plesae help me understand how do I get a police clearance certificate from India? I am planning to switch from
Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa to Tier 2 General Dependent.

Also, as my employer has sponsored me and so I hvae Tier 2 ICT, when I apply to switch to T2 General Dependent within the UK, do I have to show any document from my current employer ?

I will really appreciate your input on these 2 points. pls help.

Kind Regards,
Raj

tryash
Newly Registered
India

Post by tryash » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi Raj,

I recently switched from Tier 2 ICT long term visa to Tier 2 general dependent visa by applying within UK.
I did not submit any police clearance certificate.

You do not need to show any documents related to your current employer who had sponsored you ICT visa.

The documents I submitted in my case were below :
  • My original passport and BRP.
    2 photographs as UK visa standards
    Original Marriage certificate
    A copy of my partners COS
    3 months bank statement showing minimum balance of 600 pounds (optional if your partners COS indicates that her sponsorer would take care of dependent expenses).
    3 months bank statement of my partner (optional if your partners COS indicates that her sponsorer would take care of dependent expenses)
    3 month salary slip of my partner
    Latest original utility bills which are addressed to both me and my partner.
    My partners Passport and BRP (Not required actually but i submitted it for safer side)
Let me knwo if you need any further clarifications.

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm

tryash wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Hi Raj,

I recently switched from Tier 2 ICT long term visa to Tier 2 general dependent visa by applying within UK.
I did not submit any police clearance certificate.

You do not need to show any documents related to your current employer who had sponsored you ICT visa.

The documents I submitted in my case were below :
  • My original passport and BRP.
    2 photographs as UK visa standards
    Original Marriage certificate
    A copy of my partners COS
    3 months bank statement showing minimum balance of 600 pounds (optional if your partners COS indicates that her sponsorer would take care of dependent expenses).
    3 months bank statement of my partner (optional if your partners COS indicates that her sponsorer would take care of dependent expenses)
    3 month salary slip of my partner
    Latest original utility bills which are addressed to both me and my partner.
    My partners Passport and BRP (Not required actually but i submitted it for safer side)
Let me knwo if you need any further clarifications.
@tryash

Awesome, thank you very much for your response. Can I PM you a few more queries related to the same pls, this has some personal info so I think personal message is better, Pls help.

Thanks,
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:02 pm

rajivunique wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 pm
@tryash

Awesome, thank you very much for your response. Can I PM you a few more queries related to the same pls, this has some personal info so I think personal message is better, Pls help.

Thanks,
Raj
You do not have PM privilege access yet, neither does user 'tryash'. Post in public so all can benefit and any incorrect information can be corrected.

If you don't wish to post your questions, I suggest you seek professional assistance from a registered OISC advisor or solicitor. It really is not a complicated application to make as PBS Dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tryash
Newly Registered
India

Post by tryash » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi Raj,

Please post your queries in the forum itself and I would be happy to help you in case your scenario is similar to mine and know answers to your questions.

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 pm

tryash wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Hi Raj,

Please post your queries in the forum itself and I would be happy to help you in case your scenario is similar to mine and know answers to your questions.
@tryash - Hi Yash, I truly appreciate your help. Here are my queries ? Pardon me for being a bit lengthy.

1. You've mentioned that you didn't submit any Police Clearance Cert from India, may I kindly ask if your spouse (main T2 General visa holder) is not under these SOC's ? Is that the reason why you did not need PCC? Refer this link First page point 1, 2 & 3.and it says anyone applying as main or dependent having these SOC's as their job need to submit a PCC

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2017.pdf

So my spouse is a doctor and therefore listed under these SOC's , can you please please n please refer this list and confirm your spouse's job type is listed in these SOC's or not ?

2. My current T2 ICT LT Visa is valid till 2022, is there a way I can be exempted from IHS when I apply for T2 general Dependent or I have to pay again. I am not sure how long your T2 LT ICT was still valid, probably was about to expire that's why you had to pay a new IHS ?

3. Am I allowed to continue doing the same job on which I came to UK on ICT T2 visa once I have switched to T2 general dependent ? Pls may I ask if you switched or you are in the same role / company as you came on ICT ? I am not asking company or any other personal info but want to be fully aware of what I can and can't do once I switch.

4. Last question - Your PCC Was not needed probably coz you were in UK for a very long time already on your ICT VIsa ?

I know a lot of people think switching to T2 General dependent within country is damn easy and might wonder why I am asking these many basic questions, but you might understand what being on ICT means..how tied up we are on ICT. Thus asking such details.

Truly appreciate your guidance.

Kind Regards,
Raj

tryash
Newly Registered
India

Post by tryash » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi Raj,

1. You've mentioned that you didn't submit any Police Clearance Cert from India, may I kindly ask if your spouse (main T2 General visa holder) is not under these SOC's ? Is that the reason why you did not need PCC? Refer this link First page point 1, 2 & 3.and it says anyone applying as main or dependent having these SOC's as their job need to submit a PCC

So my spouse is a doctor and therefore listed under these SOC's , can you please please n please refer this list and confirm your spouse's job type is listed in these SOC's or not ?

-- You guessed it right. I did not need PCC only because my spouse's work category does not fall under any SOCs mentioned in the link. So you might need to get it done in your case as your spouse works in health sector.

2. My current T2 ICT LT Visa is valid till 2022, is there a way I can be exempted from IHS when I apply for T2 general Dependent or I have to pay again. I am not sure how long your T2 LT ICT was still valid, probably was about to expire that's why you had to pay a new IHS ?

-- I am not sure about this. In my case like you guessed it the visa was about to expire and hence had to pay the IHS again anyways.

3. Am I allowed to continue doing the same job on which I came to UK on ICT T2 visa once I have switched to T2 general dependent ? Pls may I ask if you switched or you are in the same role / company as you came on ICT ? I am not asking company or any other personal info but want to be fully aware of what I can and can't do once I switch.

-- Yes you are allowed to continue doing the same job. There are a few exceptions like dependents cannot work as dentist,sportsperson etc. Please refer to the list on official site.In my case I have switched to a different employer. But I am very sure that you can continue to work for same employer on same role legally as long as your employer is ok with your dependent visa.Few employers would not be interested in dependent visa candidates as our stay in UK is dependent on our spouse's visa.Make sure you keep your employer informed about it. I know a friend of mine who is working for the same employer after the same switching which you are planning to do.

4. Last question - Your PCC Was not needed probably coz you were in UK for a very long time already on your ICT VIsa ?

Like I mentioned above PCC was not required for me as my spouse's job category did not fall under any of the listed SOCs.

rajivunique
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajivunique » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:21 am

tryash wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm
Hi Raj,

-- You guessed it right. I did not need PCC only because my spouse's work category does not fall under any SOCs mentioned in the link. So you might need to get it done in your case as your spouse works in health sector.

-- I am not sure about this. In my case like you guessed it the visa was about to expire and hence had to pay the IHS again anyways.

-- Yes you are allowed to continue doing the same job. There are a few exceptions like dependents cannot work as dentist,sportsperson etc. Please refer to the list on official site.In my case I have switched to a different employer. But I am very sure that you can continue to work for same employer on same role legally as long as your employer is ok with your dependent visa.Few employers would not be interested in dependent visa candidates as our stay in UK is dependent on our spouse's visa.Make sure you keep your employer informed about it. I know a friend of mine who is working for the same employer after the same switching which you are planning to do.

Like I mentioned above PCC was not required for me as my spouse's job category did not fall under any of the listed SOCs.

Hi mate, thanks very much for your speedy response, it gives me a clear idea of things now.

Its so difficult to get PCC from India being in UK, got to get my head around it now.

I really appreciate your help. You're truly a gem.

Kind Regards,
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:36 am

rajivunique wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 pm
1. You are required to pay IHS for each application you make to HO. It is your choice to change visa categories not HO's.

2. It really would be useful if all members tagging on posted in your own topic rather than continue your questions in another members topic and also refrain from tagging the same question on every other topic you find that 'might' be a similar case. Please see point 12 in the forum rules, link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html

@ user 'cl65amg' - apologies but your topic will now be locked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.