ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mental4vray
Mood:
India

Tier 2 General - Change of Employment

Post by mental4vray » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi,

I have a few queries regarding my Tier 2 visa and it would be great if anyone can help me out on this.

I entered UK on a Tier 2 General on 15th February 2014 and my wife came in as my dependent on 27th June 2014. I changed employment this year and we both got new visa from 3rd February 2017 to 26th February 2020.

Coming to my queries:

a) I am going to change my job again in February 2018. Do I have to re apply for my wife's dependent visa too? Or she can continue on her current visa which expires in Feb 2020?

b) When I am applying for my new Tier 2 in January 2018 lets assume they reject my application. Will I be able to continue working for my current employee for which I have a visa till Feb 2020? Does the rejection affect my current visa in any way? This question is only because I have been hearing a lot of cases of delay and rejections these days so just making sure I have a alternate plan incase something goes wrong. I am going to go for premium service.

Thanks you for all the help.

Cheers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General - Change of Employment

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:33 pm

a) I am going to change my job again in February 2018. Do I have to re apply for my wife's dependent visa too? Or she can continue on her current visa which expires in Feb 2020?
No you don't.
b) When I am applying for my new Tier 2 in January 2018 lets assume they reject my application. Will I be able to continue working for my current employee for which I have a visa till Feb 2020? Does the rejection affect my current visa in any way? This question is only because I have been hearing a lot of cases of delay and rejections these days so just making sure I have a alternate plan incase something goes wrong. I am going to go for premium service.

Your current visa will not be affected by a rejection for a new Tier 2 visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.