ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed - Immigration for my mum and sister

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

miss_s
Newly Registered

Advice needed - Immigration for my mum and sister

Post by miss_s » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:49 am

Hello Everybody

I've been looking into this, and can't find any answers!
I have been in the UK for 10 years and I am a british citizen now. I got married and had 2 kids..
My mum is retired back home in Brazil, and ever since my fist baby was born she has been dreaming about coming to live with us, she is very sad to be missing out on the children. Also, it makes my life very hard not having family around to help out with the children sometimes!
As she is retired, she wouldn't require work or public funds. I live in a big 5 bed house, so she would live with us.

My little sister who's 17 wants to come too,she doesn't live an independent life and only just finished school in December. I want them both to be here with me more than ANYTHING.

I wonder what is the best way for them to come and join me here? They live on their own back home, no family around, they would have such a better life here with me, and the kids. There must be a way?

Any help is appreciated

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice needed - Immigration for my mum and sister

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 am

Presuming you mean to live and not visit??

The UK doesn't permit chain migration. Adult dependent relative visas are very difficult to get, with the majority refused and this also then closes the door to any future visit visa applications as the intention to settle has been made.

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

Your sister might qualify for a student visa if she meets the requirements, but it does not lead to settlement/ILR after 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:00 pm

Surely the best time to have considered this was when deciding to emigrate?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

miss_s
Newly Registered

Post by miss_s » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:00 pm
Surely the best time to have considered this was when deciding to emigrate?
thank you for your reply my dear.
And no, it wasn't. None of this was planned... I came to study, I had no plans to start a family.
I just fell pregnant, and abortion is something I'm 150% against, so, this how it all happened, then marriage followed, anyway, some people don't "decide to emigrate"... but life happens!