ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL - confused and stressed, please, help me?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

NTL - confused and stressed, please, help me?

Post by poauk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:59 am

Dear all, how are you? I have my IDLR on a expired passport. Never had any problems traveling in and out. I will look for employment soon and found out that I need a NTL to get a BRP. I have my permanent residence since 2004 (and I find extremely upsetting having to pay again to get another visa). I have some questions to ask would you mind to help me?
- if I have all passports since I got my IDLR do I need to take evidence of residence or the passports ar enough?
- I have been traveling due previous job and family commitments, the travels were from 1 to 9 months at time (since 2014) is this a problem? I have my home with my partner in the U.K. and always got back to them.

I don't have my name on the council tax, just my partner is on it, he pays all the bills from home and we share it. I have my name on water bills, electricity bills, phone bills, NHS documents, bank documents, etc, would they check in that? Can this be a problem?

I am really sorry if my questions are repeated, I just found out this site today and I really apreciate your help and patience. All the best. Gaúcho.

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Re: NTL - confused and stressed, please, help me?

Post by poauk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Please help! I really appreciate any advice!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:09 am

What is IDLR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by poauk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 am

poauk wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:59 am
Dear all, how are you? I have ILR on a expired passport. Never had any problems traveling in and out. I will look for employment soon and found out that I need a NTL to get a BRP. I have my permanent residence since 2004 (and I find extremely upsetting having to pay again to get another visa). I have some questions to ask would you mind to help me?
- if I have all passports since I got my ILR do I need to take evidence of residence or the passports ar enough?
- I have been traveling due previous job and family commitments, the travels were from 1 to 9 months at time (since 2014) is this a problem? I have my home with my partner in the U.K. and always got back to them.

I don't have my name on the council tax, just my partner is on it, he pays all the bills from home and we share it. I have my name on water bills, electricity bills, phone bills, NHS documents, bank documents, etc, would they check in that? Can this be a problem?

I am really sorry if my questions are repeated, I just found out this site today and I really apreciate your help and patience. All the best. Gaúcho.

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by poauk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks Vinny. Fixed.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:59 am

Gather as much evidence as you can concerning your residence in the UK. If you can show that you were granted ILR, then the caseworker may have the burden of proof to show that it had lapsed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by poauk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks Vinny. I am not sure but the sitcker ofthe ILR on my passport is not a proof that was given it? What else they need? I know its the law but I feel rip off having to pay to get an NTL and BRP :( Its a lot of money but I will do what I need to do.
Vinny, do you think my travels would be a problem? I had been travelling but always got back home, never away more than one year consecutive.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 pm

poauk wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:05 pm
I am not sure but the sitcker ofthe ILR on my passport is not a proof that was given it?
That would be proof.

poauk wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:05 pm
Vinny, do you think my travels would be a problem? I had been travelling but always got back home, never away more than one year consecutive.
Should be okay, if you returned for the purpose of settlement within two years each time.

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by poauk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi Vinny, how are you? I have a final question about this subject. I was speaking to a lawyer who mention that I have obtained my ILR in 2008, before the new rules came. He said my condition has not changed the new rules are should not affect me. I mention to him that my visa is an expired passport and he said that legally it should not matter as I am within the law, does it make sense? I am even more confuse now :( I just don't want to expend more money...I did every thin correctly, I followed the laws and feel let down by the new rules. I cant keep paying every time rules changes. Before I as ok to work and now I am not? Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:36 pm

What rules after 2008 was he talking about? Was it about employment or ILR in general?

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by poauk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Hiya! We were discussing only "right to work" and "proof of identity". New rules with BRP cards made compulsory. He mentioned that, legally, this should not affect people that obtained ILR before the law changed after 2014...15.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:05 am

Unfortunately, the only legitimate expectation you have appears to be that your particular circumstances would be examined in the light of the applicable policy (35,55)

New employers would expect current valid documents for ILR holders. However, current employers, who had already properly performed their document checks, shouldn't need to recheck them.

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by poauk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:18 am

Update of my case:

I went yesterday to the Premium Centre East Croydon. Got there, security checks, register at the reception, waited 1h, handed my documents at the registration 2 (no questions asked), Just gave passports although I had several supporting documents it was not necessary. Took biometrics. Waited 3h, done. No interview. Stayed there around 6h. Card will be posted in the next 10 working days.

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am

Congratulations!

poauk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by poauk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Vinny, you ok?

I just received mu BRP card and the expire date is December/2024, is this correct? I had the impression that the card supoused to be valid for 10 years, no?

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:13 pm

It’s expected.