ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my child British Citizen?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

am77skywalker
Newly Registered
Latvia

Is my child British Citizen?

Post by am77skywalker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi, I am a Latvian national and my daughter was born in Latvia. I have been living in the UK with my daughter since 2008. I have never applied for a Permanent Residence Card / Certificate, but I am able to evidence that I have settled status because of 5 years of residing in the UK and ‘exercising treaty rights’. Is my daughter considered a British Citizen, now that I have a settled status? If so, how can I apply for her first British Passport? I have been unsuccessful in finding the correct application form / guidance on home office website. Thanks in advance.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Re: Is my child British Citizen?

Post by ariskar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:16 am

am77skywalker wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 pm
Hi, I am a Latvian national and my daughter was born in Latvia. I have been living in the UK with my daughter since 2008. I have never applied for a Permanent Residence Card / Certificate, but I am able to evidence that I have settled status because of 5 years of residing in the UK and ‘exercising treaty rights’. Is my daughter considered a British Citizen, now that I have a settled status? If so, how can I apply for her first British Passport? I have been unsuccessful in finding the correct application form / guidance on home office website. Thanks in advance.
How old is your daughter? If under 18, she may be able to register as BC (MN1). If born out of country she would not be BC, even if you had permanent residence then (which it appears you didn't).

vinny

Re: Is my child British Citizen?

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:35 am

What is the status of her other parent?

See also registration under Section 3(1).

Important case on Section 3(1) registration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.