ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 (Gen) Dependent to ILR - UK Naric Documents Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RaghuKarnati
India

TIER 2 (Gen) Dependent to ILR - UK Naric Documents Question

Post by RaghuKarnati » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi Guys,
My Wife entered UK as a Tier 2 (Gen) dependent on 13th Dec 2013 and she completes 5 year tenure on 13th Dec 2018. Her current Tier 2 dependent Visa expies on 5th Jan 2019. I am on ILR Visa at the moment. I am looking to apply for her ILR in Dec 2018 obviously and have question about her English Language requirement. She holds a 'Bachelor of Engineering' certificate (Anna University) which was taught in English and awarded in India.

And my Question is from below snippet, taken from this URL: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:
  • an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
  • an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)
I am looking at the first point from the above, as it is applicable in my wife's case.
What kind of certificate should I get from UK Naric. Their website has quite a few services and I am confused what to select. Is it 'Statement of Comparability' Or 'Visas and Nationality Service' Or BOTH Or Something else?

Also, the first point asks for an 'official letter from the University confirming that the degree was taught in English'. Is this mandatory to get this letter from the University in India? Is there any other alternative to this as to avoid the hassle and delays (if any)?

Appreciate your help. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER 2 (Gen) Dependent to ILR - UK Naric Documents Question

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:26 pm

UKVI NARIC Red route - costs £150, same as the B1 English test which is quicker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RaghuKarnati
India

Post by RaghuKarnati » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. Do you know if we need an official letter from University as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Not sure what NARIC asks for.

English test might be easier, takes 10 minutes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RaghuKarnati
India

Post by RaghuKarnati » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks CR001. I will dig into B1 English test and see how easy or difficult it is going to be for my wife.