ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Dependant Ink Stamp (Code1A Stamp)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fredstone
Newly Registered
Jamaica

EEA Dependant Ink Stamp (Code1A Stamp)

Post by Fredstone » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi All,
My wife is on here but she seems to complicate things. She had a meeting today with an immigration lawyer after we applied for the wrong visa and we were unsure which route to take.

We were planning to apply for the EEA Family Permit however the immigration lawyer said to forget about it as it will just delay things as they currently have very long delays and tend to deny people for no reason. My wife is German and has been living and working in the UK for over 10years. We are married and she is coming to Jamaica in June. So the lawyer gave us two options.

1) Book a flight on the same flight as her return flight to the uk and enter here with the EEA dependant ink stamp.
However I am worried they won't even let me on the plane in Jamaica without a Visa no matter what I tell them.

2) Apply for a new Schengen Visa and fly to Germany where my wife will meet me and we enter from there into the UK with the same stamp.
As we are already in europe the lawyer thinks it will be easier to get on the plane as they know the rules however we would need to apply for the visa, i would also need to show a return flight to jamaica if I want the visa and on top she needs to fly in and out of germany and fly me into the UK. This just all sounds very complicated and expensive.

Can someone advise?

F

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA Dependant Ink Stamp (Code1A Stamp)

Post by dan1988uk » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:14 am

Fredstone wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 pm
Hi All,
My wife is on here but she seems to complicate things. She had a meeting today with an immigration lawyer after we applied for the wrong visa and we were unsure which route to take.

We were planning to apply for the EEA Family Permit however the immigration lawyer said to forget about it as it will just delay things as they currently have very long delays and tend to deny people for no reason. My wife is German and has been living and working in the UK for over 10years. We are married and she is coming to Jamaica in June. So the lawyer gave us two options.

1) Book a flight on the same flight as her return flight to the uk and enter here with the EEA dependant ink stamp.
However I am worried they won't even let me on the plane in Jamaica without a Visa no matter what I tell them.

2) Apply for a new Schengen Visa and fly to Germany where my wife will meet me and we enter from there into the UK with the same stamp.
As we are already in europe the lawyer thinks it will be easier to get on the plane as they know the rules however we would need to apply for the visa, i would also need to show a return flight to jamaica if I want the visa and on top she needs to fly in and out of germany and fly me into the UK. This just all sounds very complicated and expensive.

Can someone advise?

F
As a family member you don’t need a return flight for a Schengen visa application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA Dependant Ink Stamp (Code1A Stamp)

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 am

member/ChristineRH/
Is this the 'wife'??

Both usernames are posting from the UK from the same static IP address and not from one in Jamaica??

Multiple Usernames (click)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.