ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas trips after obtaining BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

boing
Newly Registered
Thailand

Overseas trips after obtaining BRP

Post by boing » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:37 am

Hi,

Could you answer what I think is a simple question.

After picking up a BRP card from the Post Office in the UK, how frequently can you travel outside the country during the first 30 months and is there a limit on the duration of one trip or trip durations over one year?
The reason I ask is that we live in Thailand and have to collect the BRP card this month but the plan is to return to Thailand immediately after for 2/3 months to sort out various business as well as me continuing employment in which I shall resign in late November.
The ECO for some reason put a start date of 5 October for the vignette despite clearly putting a planned arrival in the UK on the application form of 8 November.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Overseas trips after obtaining BRP

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:09 am

You are free to travel.

No limit on absence.

You could have the visa vignette corrected if it is UKVI error.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.