ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Counting ILR eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vish15
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependant Counting ILR eligibility

Post by Vish15 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Hello Moderator

I would like to know PBS Dependant ILR eligibility

I got ILR recently through tier 2 route and she got her PBS Dependant visa.

She came to UK on 1st June 2014 on Tier 2 dependant visa stamped from 19th May 2014.

Now she got PBS Dependant visa valid till Oct 2021.

So she can apply for ILR from 21st April 2019 or 4th May 2019.

Please update me on this

Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Counting ILR eligibility

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:21 am

You start counting from her visa issue date and she can apply no sooner than within 28 days before that date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi CR001,

Is your answer based on the following in this guidance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... riod-in-uk) ?

Absences which will not break continuity in the continuous period

This section tells you when absences will not break continuity when calculating if the continuous period requirement has been met.

Period between the issue of entry clearance and entering the UK
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period. Any absences between the date of issue and entry to the UK are considered an allowable absence. This period will count towards the 180 days allowable absence in the continuous 12-month period. The applicant does not need to provide evidence to demonstrate the reason for delayed entry.
If the delay is more than 180 days, you can only include time after the applicant entered the UK in the continuous period calculation.

Vish15
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vish15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Thank you CR001.