ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New comoany do i need a new COS application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mhib
New Zealand

New comoany do i need a new COS application

Post by mhib » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 am

Hi,

I have found a new sponsor for a new role in the UK. I am currently on a Tier 2 visa restricted visa. The new employer is carrying out an RLMT and they did tell me that they do not think that they will need to make a new COS application (Can just assign it) is that correct? My thinking was that they will need to make a brand new application (5th of each month etc.) but they do not seem to believe that to be the case?

UKTier2June2018
India

Re: New comoany do i need a new COS application

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm

They do need a brand new cos. It seems their knowledge around this area is inadequate - it might be best to suggest to your new employer to get an immigration lawyer/advisor involved to help them and you as well

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:59 pm

mhib wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 am
Hi,

I have found a new sponsor for a new role in the UK. I am currently on a Tier 2 visa restricted visa. The new employer is carrying out an RLMT and they did tell me that they do not think that they will need to make a new COS application (Can just assign it) is that correct? My thinking was that they will need to make a brand new application (5th of each month etc.) but they do not seem to believe that to be the case?
For changing employers within the UK, the CoS is not part of the monthly meeting allocation process by HO. That is only for restricted Cos.

You need an Unrestricted Cos and if the employer has available, it can be assigned immediately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:08 pm

That is great news... Thank you very much. So their HR were spot on in that aspect. btw you experts deserve an award for getting your head around all the complexities of the law.