ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on Supporting Documents (US Applicant)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hdenniso
Newly Registered
United States of America

Confusion on Supporting Documents (US Applicant)

Post by hdenniso » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello,

My fiancé and I are about a week out from submitting our Fiancé Visa Application. We have our supporting documents in order, but I’m gettig extremely confused on where to send everything.

I see that New York has made some changes and VFS is now accepting photocopies. This is great, but I really am at a loss for where everything will go.

On many I’m seeing that I send everything to the new New York address following my biometric appointment. But on the VFS site, I’m getting mixed messages. On one I’m seeing that everything goes to New York, but another part of the site is showing that I send the print out of the application, my passport, and my biometric appointment sheet to New York, while all of the supporting documents go to Sheffield.

Can someone help me understand this? Following my biometric appointment (I’ll be scheduling mine at an ASC centre as that’s the closest to me), where do I send all documents to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers x

Alam-
Mood:

Re: Confusion on Supporting Documents (US Applicant)

Post by Alam- » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Best practice is to send everything to Sheffield except your passport, which will be submitted to the VFS centre along with biometrics. Now you can either send documents directly or send it to your sponsor and they can send it to Sheffield. Other US memebers might give you more accurate information. Good luck.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:44 am

Alam- wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:07 pm
Best practice is to send everything to Sheffield except your passport, which will be submitted to the VFS centre along with biometrics. Now you can either send documents directly or send it to your sponsor and they can send it to Sheffield. Other US memebers might give you more accurate information. Good luck.
No NO NNOOOOOO!!!!!!

There was a change about where/ how to send docs in September 2018. All docs are now sent to the New York scanning hub. Copies are a much better idea to send than originals. There have been MAJOR problems with New York scanning everything and docs have been missed off from the bundle you send in lot of cases - what this means is that Sheffield will contact you if things are missing (generally) and you then scan the doc and send directly to Sheffield if asked. So keep your originals so that you can scan any missing docs (if need be!). You must must send the original passport to New York though.

After you submit your application online, you'll be given the address and also some direction about how all the documentation should be organised. The website info before you apply might not have fully updated since the change in September.

But here is all the steps of the process, and it looks like it was last updated 08/01/2019:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... in-the-usa

Is there a reason you aren't considering marrying in the US and skipping right to applying for a spouse visa, thus saving the cost of a visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Alam- wrote:
Kindly understand that there are different submission requirements depending on the country an applicant is applying from. It is not all the same as Pakistan where you submitted your application and send documents to Sheffield.

Please refrain from giving general 'blanket/one size fits all' advice if you are not 100% sure to avoid posters becoming confused!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hdenniso
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by hdenniso » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:26 pm

physicskate wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:44 am
Alam- wrote:
No NO NNOOOOOO!!!!!!

There was a change about where/ how to send docs in September 2018. All docs are now sent to the New York scanning hub. Copies are a much better idea to send than originals. There have been MAJOR problems with New York scanning everything and docs have been missed off from the bundle you send in lot of cases - what this means is that Sheffield will contact you if things are missing (generally) and you then scan the doc and send directly to Sheffield if asked. So keep your originals so that you can scan any missing docs (if need be!). You must must send the original passport to New York though.

After you submit your application online, you'll be given the address and also some direction about how all the documentation should be organised. The website info before you apply might not have fully updated since the change in September.

But here is all the steps of the process, and it looks like it was last updated 08/01/2019:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... in-the-usa

Is there a reason you aren't considering marrying in the US and skipping right to applying for a spouse visa, thus saving the cost of a visa?

Thank you so much for your response. I had believed it was New York, but I just wanted to be sure.

For our situation, it makes the most sense for the Fiancé Visa and then transferring to the spousal visa. We understand it’s cheaper, but for us the fiancé is the route we’ll go.