ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ignition0
Newly Registered
Spain

Wrong Referees

Post by ignition0 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:17 pm

Hello,

I could not find my previous account, so I had to make a brand new one.

A quick question, in the online form, as a second referee I have put the details of my manager, so in the description he has put "Engineering Manager".

Is this an accepted referee?

Looking at this list:
https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

It appears:

Director/Manager/Personnel
Officer of a VAT
registered Company

I am sorry if its a very stupid question but I am bit nervous and before I make him sign the picture I would like to verify 100% that is a correct profession.

Thank you for your time.

ignition0
Newly Registered
Spain

Supporting documents - Language test not listed

Post by ignition0 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:35 pm

Hello,

Apologies for open a second topic, but I guessed it would be better to open a new topic, in case more people experience it.

I just realised that in the list of supported documents, the Life in the UK Test pass notification, however there is no mention for the Language test requirement (british-citizenship/faqs-english-langua ... 98118.html).

I have checked my application form, but there is no mention to the Language test.

Should I bring the certificate just in case? Is it mentioned somewhere that I've missed?

Thanks,

ignition0
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: Supporting documents - Language test not listed

Post by ignition0 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm

Update: The only part that refeers to the English Test is the question:

Have you met the requirement to qualify for Yes
settlement on or after 28th October 2013?

Nerazzuri

Re: Wrong Referees

Post by Nerazzuri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 am

If he's an Engineer with professional qualifications, it's definitely fine.

I noticed you're applying from the Isle of Man. Do you know if you can apply online? The online application would have involved you entering details and then having him sign the form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:53 am

Nerazzuri wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:58 am
If he's an Engineer with professional qualifications, it's definitely fine.

I noticed you're applying from the Isle of Man. Do you know if you can apply online? The online application would have involved you entering details and then having him sign the form.
Where does the user state they are applying from Isle of man??

Don't confuse the HO referee list weblink with a person being in Iom.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ignition0
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by ignition0 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks four your reply, as you say i have applied from mainland England. I didn't realise that the list of of the Isle of Man but the professions are also mentioned.

One of my referees is a British citizen with valid passport, software engineer as profession. I understand this one is not a professional standing.

The second referee is a British citizen with an expired passport, engineering manager of an Ltd company.

Following the list that the government provides, it mentions

"manager or producPersonnel officer ".
And
"director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT registered company ".

Would any manager ( as a department manager) be accepted?. Or is it implied that the manager refers to the CEO of the company?

Regarding the English test question, besides not being in the document list, do I need to take it to the appointment?, oddly there is no direct mention on the application, or document checklist.

Thanks for the time taken.

skyscraper101

Post by skyscraper101 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 am

"director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT registered company ".

This confuses me too. Because manager of a company isn't always the owner/CEO. So the implication is any manager of a VAT registered company should be OK. There could need be several managers of a company, as there are several directors. I'm a manager, and I've been a manager of various VAT registered companies. But I've never owned or been a director of any of them.

Nothing is clear.

ignition0
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by ignition0 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:58 am

Hi skyscraper, good to know that I am not the only one confused.

I used the same manager for my daughter first passport but I am not sure if here they are more strict.

Also I am surprised that in the only form they ask for 2 referees , and then they ask you to get the picture signed by 2 referees.

skyscraper101

Post by skyscraper101 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:51 pm

ignition0 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:58 am
Hi skyscraper, good to know that I am not the only one confused.

I used the same manager for my daughter first passport but I am not sure if here they are more strict.

Also I am surprised that in the only form they ask for 2 referees , and then they ask you to get the picture signed by 2 referees.
I think you'll be fine. We used "manager of a VAT registered company" as one of our referees and it was fine, even though they weren't the owner.

ignition0
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by ignition0 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:05 pm

Thanks Skyscraper !

I also need 2 referees for the photos, I am thinking about change the manager for a director.

The director does appear in the UK website as a director of the company, so it might be a better referee.

I am guessing here that

Also, one last question. The proof of english, I have been told that there is no need to present the physical certificate, only the "Unique Electronic Reference Number". Is this correct?

There is little information about exactly what documents do I need to scan for the FSE / UKVI appointment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

arre
Newly Registered

Post by arre » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:20 pm

One of my referees was HR Professional with degree in HR and professional qualifications.
My application has been accepted.