ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement: external application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amour4toujours12
Newly Registered
Canada

Financial requirement: external application

Post by amour4toujours12 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Good day,

My husband is a UK citizen, I am a Canadian citizen. He moved to Canada 2 years ago and got the permanent residence now. We don't like it here, he can't continue his usual line of work, housing is unaffordable, etc. I've been making slightly more than GBP 18,600 for a couple of months now. He earns around GBP 200/month as his business hasn't taken off as successfully here. Question: can we apply to move to the UK together in 4 months given my income? We'll also have to be applying from within Canada.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Financial requirement: external application

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:10 pm

Question: can we apply to move to the UK together in 4 months given my income?

No, you cannot use your income. For a spouse visa from outside the UK, it is only your UK spouse's income that is counted. Only your savings or joint savings can be used for applications outside the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.