ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting worried with waiting times

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Getting worried with waiting times

Post by gnua88 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am

Okay, hear me out here..

I submitted the AN online on 22/01/2019 and did my biometrics in London on 26/01/2019, and ever since then, I haven't heard back about it. I cannot call for or enquire about the progress because it's "under six months", and in the grand scheme of things, this probably hasn't been that long; but I've been looking at the 'processing times' thread and people in there, who have made their applications around the time I did, have already received their approval letters.

So yeah, I'm really worried. Is there anything I can do? Is there any way to find out about the progress?

Thank you.

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Re: Getting worried with waiting times

Post by romado » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:35 am

Nothing you can do, but simply patiently waiting.

fazchic
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by fazchic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi,
I'm getting worried too. I submitted online and had my Biometrics enrolled on 30th Jan 2019 at UKVCAS Croydon and I haven't heard anything since.

What makes me even more worried is that we have had issues with the postman mis-delivering mail for people living in my area, so chances are if that's happened I will never find out!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:44 pm

romado wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:35 am
Nothing you can do, but simply patiently waiting.
There is nothing you can do but wait to hear back from HO on your citizenship application. It takes a bit longer than a visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:34 am

I have received my approval letter yesterday. I've been invited to attend the ceremony on May, I cannot wait :)

Thank you all the for replies.

greenapplered
Newly Registered

Post by greenapplered » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:07 am

fazchic wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:41 pm
Hi,
I'm getting worried too. I submitted online and had my Biometrics enrolled on 30th Jan 2019 at UKVCAS Croydon and I haven't heard anything since.

What makes me even more worried is that we have had issues with the postman mis-delivering mail for people living in my area, so chances are if that's happened I will never find out!
Hello,

I had the same situation when I applied for BC - my posts are often go missing because the postman cannot enter to the building.

Please send an email to nationalityexceptions@homeoffice.gov.uk.

In my case, they sent 2 letters for biometric enrolment however I never received them. I have explained the situation and they sent the letter by email. Then I went to post office on the same day to enrol my biometrics.

You can check with them if they have have sent anything by mail and if they did you have not received anything.

fazchic
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by fazchic » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:25 am

greenapplered wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:07 am
fazchic wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:41 pm
Hi,

Hello,

I had the same situation when I applied for BC - my posts are often go missing because the postman cannot enter to the building.

Please send an email to nationalityexceptions@homeoffice.gov.uk.

In my case, they sent 2 letters for biometric enrolment however I never received them. I have explained the situation and they sent the letter by email. Then I went to post office on the same day to enrol my biometrics.

You can check with them if they have have sent anything by mail and if they did you have not received anything.
Thanks for the tip!