ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent ILR - UK Born Baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aditi2019
Newly Registered

Parent ILR - UK Born Baby

Post by Aditi2019 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 am

vinny wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:32 am
If a parent has ILR, then a UK born child is entitled to register from anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, they don’t appear to make it easy.
Hello Vinny,

My baby was born a month before my spouse got ILR. So, will my baby need to hold an Indian passport first (as I am Indian) before registering using MN1 form?
Your advise is much valued.
Thank you.

Regards,
Aditi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parent ILR - UK Born Baby

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 am

Aditi2019 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 am
vinny wrote:
If a parent has ILR, then a UK born child is entitled to register from anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, they don’t appear to make it easy.
Hello Vinny,

My baby was born a month before my spouse got ILR. So, will my baby need to hold an Indian passport first (as I am Indian) before registering using MN1 form?
Thank you.

Regards,
Aditi
1. Please refrain from tagging onto other users topics. Your post has been split to its own thread for you to ask your questions.

2. No, a UK born child does NOT require a foreign passport to be able to register as British on form MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aditi2019
Newly Registered

Post by Aditi2019 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 am
Aditi2019 wrote:
vinny wrote:
Hello Vinny,

Thank you.

Regards,
Aditi
1. Please refrain from tagging onto other users topics. Your post has been split to its own thread for you to ask your questions.

2. No, a UK born child does NOT require a foreign passport to be able to register as British on form MN1.
1. Apologies
2. Thank you

Aditi2019
Newly Registered

Post by Aditi2019 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:08 am

Aditi2019 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:45 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 am
Aditi2019 wrote:
vinny wrote:
Hello Vinny,

Thank you.

Regards,
Aditi

1. Apologies
2. Thank you
Hello,

I’d be grateful for your inputs on the following items in the form-

Section 1.2, State any reference numbers used in your immigration application: This is the first immigration application for the applicant. What reference number does this refer to, viz. child’s birth registration number, parent’s ILR home office reference number, etc?

Section 1.3, Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted: As the Child does not have ILR yet and neither parent is an EEA national, do I leave this blank?

Section 1.6, Other names: Is this the child’s forename?

Section 1.9, Present Nationality: As mentioned in my earlier post, the child is UK born and does not hold any passport yet. Please advise what needs to be mentioned in this case, eg: Parent’s nationality by default or blank?

Thanks again

Regards,
Aditi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:29 am

Note, that we don't have sight of the online forms.
Section 1.2, State any reference numbers used in your immigration application: This is the first immigration application for the applicant. What reference number does this refer to, viz. child’s birth registration number, parent’s ILR home office reference number, etc?
If you don't have one there is nothing to put in this.
Section 1.3, Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted: As the Child does not have ILR yet and neither parent is an EEA national, do I leave this blank?
Yes.
Yes.
Section 1.9, Present Nationality: As mentioned in my earlier post, the child is UK born and does not hold any passport yet. Please advise what needs to be mentioned in this case, eg: Parent’s nationality by default or blank?
No idea but it makes no difference in the application anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aditi2019
Newly Registered

Post by Aditi2019 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:29 am
Note, that we don't have sight of the online forms.
If you don't have one there is nothing to put in this.
Yes.
Yes.
No idea but it makes no difference in the application anyway.
Many thanks for your prompt response.