ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit or Tourist Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

EEA Family Permit or Tourist Visa?

Post by Zoot7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:00 am

I'm not really clear on what my wife would require to travel to the UK (obviously before the end of October).

I'm an Irish citizen living in Ireland, and my wife who's from the Philippines lives with me here under a Stamp 4 as my spouse.

We were looking at travelling to the UK for a brief holiday before Brexit happens. I'm not exactly clear on what she'll require to do so. Obviously we would be travelling together.

I've heard from some sources that she'll need an EEA family permit, but other sources are pointing to a standard Tourist Visa. Which would be required?

vinny

Re: EEA Family Permit or Tourist Visa?

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:25 am

Your choice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EEA Family Permit or Tourist Visa?

Post by Zoot7 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:26 am

Thanks for your link. That clarifies that.

So... we've an application gone in for an EEA Family Permit, with the documents submitted online. Next thing is to attend the appointment in 2 weeks.

The online form is such a pain, there's so much there that should be clear that just isn't clear. I had to get a dummy hotel booking in my name aswell which we may not use. This was to provide evidence I'll be travelling to the UK as the EEA citizen.

The checklist at the end also seems to want my wife to supply a British passport for me aswell even though I've very clearly specified my nationality as Irish. :?:

Oh well... I guess we'll have to see how the appointment goes in 2 weeks time.