ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi All

I’m new here and need your adivce. I'm currently applying for a UK Spouse Visa, I got married in Apr 2019(Apr end). I applied for a UK visit visa before I got married on 16 Apr 2019. Since ours was an arranged marriage I was unsure if I had to give my husband-to-be’s details (for accommodation, meeting) in my visit visa application and so dint mention it and also stated that my primary purpose of visit was tourism. I got my visa in May 2019 and I visited the UK in June and stayed with him during the period of my visit. Will this affect my UK Spouse Visa application?

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: UK Spouse Visa Confusion

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:54 am

Haven't you applied for your spouse visa yet?

I don't quite understand, did you omitted information about tourism when you applied for the tourist visa, and still got granted? As long as you haven't overstayed, there shouldn't be a problem. Did you overstay your tourist visa permit or not?

If you haven't overstayed and you are applying from outside the UK, I don't think your current application will be affected.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:18 am

I'm currently in the process of applying for my spouse visa.
I haven't overstayed my visit visa and I'm applying from outside the UK. Here's a chronology of events.

Feb2019- we connected online
18th March - we met (our families met prior to this)
19th March- Both the sides decided to go ahead for marriage
11th April- I submitted my visit visa online application
16th April- I gave my biometrics for visit visa
17th April- dates for our marriage were fixed
27th April- we got married
7th May- I got my visit visa
2nd June- I visited the UK
2nd July- I was back from the UK

when I applied for my visit visa, I applied that my primary purpose of the visit was tourism and that I would be staying at a hotel. since this was an arranged marriage I was unsure if I could give his details for accommodation and that I was going to meet him.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 am

Hey rubaarya. So are you telling me that you have met your husband only three times and your relationship has had a length of five months in total? I am not sure whether an arranged marriage can be considered enough to meet the relationship evidence for your visa according to Home Office. Maybe an experienced user will help you with that.

rubaarya wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:18 am
when I applied for my visit visa, I applied that my primary purpose of the visit was tourism and that I would be staying at a hotel. since this was an arranged marriage I was unsure if I could give his details for accommodation and that I was going to meet him.
Oh, now I get what you meant! Based on my own experience, I think it's fine. After I got engaged, I used my visitor visa for tourism purposes (and I stayed clearly: tourism- visiting my fiancé). And it was fine. I recommend you to include details of the accommodation where you stayed together, flight details, photos and all that kind of evidence.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:55 am

yes, we met thrice on a montly basis and our relationship is 5 months old. Thank you for taking the trouble to understand this :) I was really tensed about it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:25 pm

I don't see any issue with visit visa where you said tourism because you submitted it before marriage.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi All

Thanks to all the members and discussions. This forum has really helped me put my application together. I'm currently applying for a UK spouse visa from India. Ours was a traditional arranged marriage. I've come to understand that there have been some changes since Feb 2019. I'm looking for some updated information on the below.

1. I have read from a couple of successful applicant stories that they have submitted around 50-60 Photographs as part of the evidence for Relationship, did this change?

2. On what paper should these photos be printed? photopaper or normal A4 paper (with color printing).

3. Since I'm applying from India, the Sponsor's documents like bank statements, payslips, letter from the landlord, sponsorship cover letter, should they be shipped to India? or can the sponsor apply it at a nearest center in the UK?

4. If we are submitting a rental agreement is a letter from the landlord still mandatory?

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: UK Spouse Visa Requirements

Post by Jaune08 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Hey again, rubaarya. I will try to help you as I have recently applied too.
rubaarya wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:02 pm
1. I have read from a couple of successful applicant stories that they have submitted around 50-60 Photographs as part of the evidence for Relationship, did this change?
Home Office doesn't state how many photos you need. What I've done for my application was creating a PDF and on each page I put 6 photos per visit (well, my relationship is 3years length, so I submitted 125 photos). You don't need a threshold, just include all the photos you have.

rubaarya wrote:
2. On what paper should these photos be printed? photopaper or normal A4 paper (with color printing).
I printed a PDF document (normal paper, colour print, high quality, A4 size or less) with 6 photos on each page. It was like a photo album.

rubaarya wrote:
3. Since I'm applying from India, the Sponsor's documents like bank statements, payslips, letter from the landlord, sponsorship cover letter, should they be shipped to India? or can the sponsor apply it at a nearest center in the UK?
This is a recommendation, but the applicant should have all the documents. How are you gonna submit the paperwork? At the VFS centre in India (I think it's New Delhi) or in the UK? Are workers at VFS gonna scan them or you will do it?

rubaarya wrote:
4. If we are submitting a rental agreement is a letter from the landlord still mandatory?
As far as I know, you need the consent of the landlord stating it's ok you move in to the property too.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:09 pm

Thank you so much Jaune08 :)
This is a recommendation, but the applicant should have all the documents. How are you gonna submit the paperwork? At the VFS centre in India (I think it's New Delhi) or in the UK? Are workers at VFS gonna scan them or you will do it?
Yes, I will be submitting at VFS center but from Hyderabad. I'm planning to get them scanned by the worker.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 pm

You're welcome :)
rubaarya wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:09 pm
Yes, I will be submitting at VFS center but from Hyderabad. I'm planning to get them scanned by the worker.
Then, you need all the physical documents, so your husband must post the financial paperwork to you in India.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:56 am

I'm not really sure about this scanning part. When I recently visited the center in April 2019 for my visit visa, I went there with the knowledge that I have an option to scan them. But, they just gave a token and they scanned the documents. I haven't really noticed any other applicants scanning it by themselves either. The counters are also arranged in such a fashion that you can't really go on the other side. Any idea if this has changed as part of the new regulations? Also, this Hyderabad VFS center is relatively new it was opened this Feb 2019.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:52 am

rubaarya wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:56 am
I'm not really sure about this scanning part. When I recently visited the center in April 2019 for my visit visa, I went there with the knowledge that I have an option to scan them. But, they just gave a token and they scanned the documents. I haven't really noticed any other applicants scanning it by themselves either. The counters are also arranged in such a fashion that you can't really go on the other side. Any idea if this has changed as part of the new regulations? Also, this Hyderabad VFS center is relatively new it was opened this Feb 2019.
I am not too sure about the process in India, but from my experience, I recommend you to pay extra and let them scan all your documents at VFS centre. They will be responsible to send all the documents to Sheffield, and scan them appropriately (which means that if a scan wasn't uploaded as expected, they have to repeat it), plus you won't have issues with the website when uploading everything in the right order.

It's just one thing less to worry about for £70.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 am

Hello Rubaarya,

Please let me know, how did it go?
I'm also planning to submit the documents for my wife's spouse visa at VFS Delhi.

Many thanks,
AJ

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Thanks Jaune08 Shall do it that way.

Hi AJ100
Please let me know, how did it go?
I'm also planning to submit the documents for my wife's spouse visa at VFS Delhi.
Sure, if all goes well, I will be booking an appointment for next week. Shall share my experience.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:24 pm

That will be very helpful.
Thank you :)

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi All

I have a follow-up question regarding sponsor's bank statements, certain other documents and 28 days rule.

1. Can we use bank statements that are sent through email by the bank? these are the ones that are delivered monthly to email with password security.

2. To what all documents does the 28 days validity rule apply to?

3. sponsor's form p60, is this mandatory?

4. is a letter from bank (for sponsor) mandatory?

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:30 pm

rubaarya wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:56 pm
Hi All

I have a follow-up question regarding sponsor's bank statements, certain other documents and 28 days rule.

1. Can we use bank statements that are sent through email by the bank? these are the ones that are delivered monthly to email with password security.

2. To what all documents does the 28 days validity rule apply to?

3. sponsor's form p60, is this mandatory?

4. is a letter from bank (for sponsor) mandatory?
1)Need Origional or stamped by bank.
2)Your payslips, Bank statements, accommodation, employment letter.
3)Last six months payslips covering 26 weeks are enough p60 is not mandatry.
4)NO
__A

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks Archer1
Really grateful for all of your prompt responses. I have come to understand that 28 days rule refers to the date of application and no document should be older than that. What about the documents we receive after the date of application? In my case, I have submitted my application online on 11th August but, I have received the NOC letter from the landlord on the 13th of August, would this be a problem?

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 pm

rubaarya wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:38 pm
Thanks Archer1
Really grateful for all of your prompt responses. I have come to understand that 28 days rule refers to the date of application and no document should be older than that. What about the documents we receive after the date of application? In my case, I have submitted my application online on 11th August but, I have received the NOC letter from the landlord on the 13th of August, would this be a problem?
Sould be ok
__A

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:47 am

Thanks everyone for all your all inputs. I have submitted my application yesterday.
AJ100 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 am
AJ100

Hi AJ100

Here's what happened.

I couldnt get any earliest slots and so i went in as a walk-in applicant. I was asked to report by 8am the previous day, and so i was there by 7:40am. To my surprise, at least 60ppl were already standing outside (mixed crowd, people who had appointments and walk in). They sent first 15 UK walk-in applicants to the lobby-wait area. i was the 14th one, I had to wait until 10:40 am for them to send me from lobby to the sorting area. I think the crowd was more than usual. it might be because of students and also maybe because of holidays in India last week.

At the sorting area, they separated the application using yellow barcode binders. This happens 1 step before, outside the scanning area. I also chose for document scanning assistance.

At the counter they were asking me for the Appendix 2 form. I dint have one. They were telling me that TB test report, Marriage certificate and appendix 2 are important and every settlement applicant submits it. they asked me to google it and download it from the internet kiosk, their manager came in and she also said that thes same thing, later she said it's up to the applicant to decide. i was a bit confused about this, when i checked the Appendix 2 those questions were already part of the online application we fill in. and so I told them that i applied through AccessUk and maybe it is not required. And if it was that mandatory, UKVI would have mentioned it on the document checklist like how they mentioned TB test and marriage certificate. Finally, after some discussions with a couple of other people, they left it to my discretion. And so i asked them to proceed without it.

The scanning was done in a couple of minutes, but it took time for it to upload, they kept my documents until then. They've already informed me that it'll take 1 to and half hour for the documents to upload (my pile was a little bit bigger)... Until then and they've asked me to proceed for biometrics.

I got out of VFS at 1:10pm.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 am

Hello Rubaarya,

Thank you very much for letting me know.
I was a bit worried about the scanning process at VFS India but thank you for sharing your experience.
I read somewhere in the form that if you apply through AccessUK, Appendix 2 form is not needed as few had a successful application without it, so finger crossed!
Could you please share the supporting document list you submitted if possible?

Thank you again and good luck.

AJ

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:33 am

I read about it on UKgov, appendix 2 is only for countries who can't do an online form submission. In fact, it applies to the entire appendix section not only for appendix 2.
Could you please share the supporting document list you submitted if possible?
1. Cover letter from the sponsor
2. Sponsor’s Non-financial documents
2.1 Passport copy
2.2 Copy of BRP page

3. Sponsor’s financial documents
3.1 Bank Statements
3.2 Letter from bank
3.3 Payslips
3.4 Letter from Employer

4. Sponsor’s Accommodation Documents
4.1 Tenancy Agreement
4.2 Letter from Landlord
4.3 Council Tax Statement
4.4 Housing Deposit Certificate
4.5 Housing Deposit Email Confirmation

5. Applicant’s Non-financial documents
5.1 Passport- Original
5.2 Copy of Passport Pages
5.3 Copy of Visa Page (UK Visitor Visa)

6. Applicant’s Medical documents
6.1 TB test certificate

8. Applicant’s English Language documents
8.1 UK Naric letter
8.2 Bachelor’s Study Degree Certificate
8.3 letter from University
8.4 Bachelor’s Study Transcripts

7. Applicant’s financial documents
7.1 Bank Statements
7.2 Letter from Bank

8. Relationship documents(covering the entire period of the relationship) - Marriage certificate, wedding invitation card, Photos, tickets, boarding passes, receipts, WhatsApp chats, call logs.

Good luck to you too :)

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Many thanks rubaarya. Very helpful.
I may have to submit the supporting documents now at VFS UK.

rubaarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by rubaarya » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:15 am

Hello AJ100

Just a suggestion, vfs global separates your documents based on the below barcode separators. You can print them and segregate your documents accordingly. I got to know this from one of the posts but I didn't pay much attention to this as I thought VFS would anyway do it at the center. But I didn't like how they segregated my documents here at VFS Hyderabad. They kind of changed the entire order of my documents. I intended to keep the cover letter as an opening, as it summarized all aspects of the application and it was supposed to serve as a checklist with the list of documents i submitted, but, that letter went somewhere in between based on how they sorted the documents. Here's the link for vfs barcode separators.

http://a2zts.pk/wp-content/uploads/pdf/ ... quirements

Certain other things to consider:
1. Ensure about the 28-day from the date of application, especially for sponsor's payslips & bank statements
2. Ensure that the TB certificate is signed by the applicant- I had to reapply for the TB certificate as there was an error on UK address on the 1st TB certificate, i remember that the test center insists every applicant (even student visa applicants) to sign it before they stamp it. That center was particularly busy that day, since the person already knew me she said she'll hand it over to the front desk so that i could collect it later on, she missed mentioning to sign it. I'm not sure if this will be a problem, but I realized after submission that I submitted it without signing.

All the best and do share your experience. :)

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Hello Rubaarya,

Thank you for the advise, it is very helpful!
We are planning to have the biometrics done at VFS Delhi but the document submission at VFS as I will not have the documents ready on time as I am travelling next week.
Do you have any knowledge about how this will work out as I read in the from the sponsor can submit the document also in the UK and biometrics can in India?
Many thanks in advance and yes off course I will share my experience.

Regards,
AJ