ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residency for EEA housewife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jgr100
Newly Registered

Proof of residency for EEA housewife

Post by jgr100 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi,
I have a question regarding my wife’s naturalization application that I hope someone can help with.
She is an EEA national, so there are no entry stamps in her passport. The guidance talks about submitting “letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s, educational establishments or other government departments” to proof residency in the UK.

She is a housewife and does not have any employment documents. We can provide council tax documents since December 2016 (the council tax bills were only under my name before that) so it does not cover the three years she would need (I am a naturalized BC).

Does anyone if a letter from the GP or bank statements from earlier in 2016 could be used to complement the council tax bills? Has someone had a similar situation?
Thanks

guru1s

Re: Proof of residency for EEA housewife

Post by guru1s » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:32 pm

jgr100 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:23 pm
Hi,
I have a question regarding my wife’s naturalization application that I hope someone can help with.
She is an EEA national, so there are no entry stamps in her passport. The guidance talks about submitting “letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s, educational establishments or other government departments” to proof residency in the UK.

She is a housewife and does not have any employment documents. We can provide council tax documents since December 2016 (the council tax bills were only under my name before that) so it does not cover the three years she would need (I am a naturalized BC).

Does anyone if a letter from the GP or bank statements from earlier in 2016 could be used to complement the council tax bills? Has someone had a similar situation?
Thanks
My mum is an EU citizen and a housewife, but I was applying for settlement scheme for her. I have attached letter from council and some of her bank statement. I am not sure if you need different proof of residency, but this was enough for the settlement scheme.

jgr100
Newly Registered

Post by jgr100 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Thank you. We used bank statements for the PR document but I am not sure if we can use them for the naturalisation application to cover a few months.

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:44 pm

I found on the application form it says "bank statement and utility bills are not suitable for the proof of residency"...to be honest, I have no idea what's suitable.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:02 pm

jgr100 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 pm
Thank you. We used bank statements for the PR document but I am not sure if we can use them for the naturalisation application to cover a few months.
Official documents are preferred for naturalisation, such as council tax, HMRC, DWP pensions and child benefit etc showing the applicant's name.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:02 pm
jgr100 wrote:
Official documents are preferred for naturalisation, such as council tax, HMRC, DWP pensions and child benefit etc showing the applicant's name.
Could I please ask a couple of questions:
If I have stamps on my passports every time I get in and out the country as I am not EU citizen, do I still need to provide other documents for the proof of residency? If so can I only use HMRC letters received in the past 5 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 am

guoxiaoran wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
jgr100 wrote:
If I have stamps on my passports every time I get in and out the country as I am not EU citizen, do I still need to provide other documents for the proof of residency? If so can I only use HMRC letters received in the past 5 years?
NO!!! Your circumstances are NOT the same as the OP so please do not tag onto topics about an EU citizen, who doesn't have stamps, who has to supply alternative information to prove residence. Please ask your questions in your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jgr100
Newly Registered

Post by jgr100 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:40 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
jgr100 wrote:
Thanks. I understand that is the case. I guess my question is what happens if the applicant hasd not been working (no HMRC, pension docs, etc) and has not received benefits either, what document is she supposed to use? Has anyone been in that situation?
Thanks

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 am
guoxiaoran wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
jgr100 wrote:
NO!!! Your circumstances are NOT the same as the OP so please do not tag onto topics about an EU citizen, who doesn't have stamps, who has to supply alternative information to prove residence. Please ask your questions in your own topic.
Okay, my apologise and I have sent my questions in an separate post now.